Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, this topic has probably been beaten to death and I think I have brought it up a few times...but here goes again for a good reason I hope :roll:

Indi, as many of you know, was found in an abandoned house with her 9 littermates..her 2 siblings she was fostered with when we got her are: The brother 17 lbs vs Indi's 15 when we first adopted her. Now, her sister is 21 lbs vs Indi's 19-20 at what might be 4-5 months or maaaybe 6 months but I think thats pushin it...since her adult teeth have just started erupting and she has only begun losing her teeth and she still has really knobby leg joints..tho I know all of this is just ways to estimate and not an exact science..ok anyways on to the reason why I ask...my mom lives back in Indiana and works at a vet office..she is providing my flea medication and heartworm...would I be okay having her send me medication for dogs 25 and above for Indi to use in the future? She doesnt want to send me medication for dogs smaller, because she thinks Indi is gonna grow..what do you guys think? Does she have much growing left? Would I be ok getting some meds for 25lbs and bigger? I only ask cause it is VERY discounted from my mom vs buying it here haha what can I say I can't resist a bargain. Apologize for beatin the dead horse again...:hammer:

·
Registered
771 Posts
She's definitely going to grow. She'll probably be around 30-40lbs full grown. I don't see the harm in going up to 25lbs now. She's only got a few lbs left. I could be wrong. So hopefully others have feedback too!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks..ya if not my other dog can use hers since she is over 25..and the pills cover 25-50 so once she hits 25 she has big range and I know she wont go over 50. Hopefully she comes closer to 25 before her next pills are due..but a lbs or 2 short shouldnt do ny damage I dont think.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it would be nice if she got that size, but with that mixed side to her I just dunno, ur pup is cute! She recently had a growth spurt and is about the size of Kallie now..

·
Registered
317 Posts
I would have her send you the flea preventive for a 100lb dog and then break it down to the sizes you need. I buy a 100 lb dog size, I use one on my lab sixty pounds then I use the other portion on my APBT, who is 40lbs. I spent 5 bucks more on the larger size portion, but save an additional $20 bucks versus buying another dose seperate. Just my two cents, been doing this for a while no fleas ever. Works the same.

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
I would have her send you the flea preventive for a 100lb dog and then break it down to the sizes you need. I buy a 100 lb dog size, I use one on my lab sixty pounds then I use the other portion on my APBT, who is 40lbs. I spent 5 bucks more on the larger size portion, but save an additional $20 bucks versus buying another dose seperate. Just my two cents, been doing this for a while no fleas ever. Works the same.
thats a great idea!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts