Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

[email protected] Keira's face in that one!

This one to show you how big he really is-- that's my 3 year old son.:

The spot in the middle of Keira's forehead is from the first day after we adopted Caesar (The GSD) last Thursday. He stepped on her head and his nails hadn't been trimmed in a while. Needless to say, it's been done. See how well they get along? :roll:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Omgosh!!! Soo cute! Both of them ! Awe it's ok, at least it wasn't too serious ^_^ & that's really good they get along. Training classes will help Keira curb with future DA. She will get a lot of good socialization as well :)

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
:goodpost::goodpost: totally reminded me of that too.

so true! Great shots love your pups! Funny about the nails, I thought he had a black dot on his head, lol. Thanks for sharing :)

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Omgosh!!! Soo cute! Both of them ! Awe it's ok, at least it wasn't too serious ^_^ & that's really good they get along. Training classes will help Keira curb with future DA. She will get a lot of good socialization as well :)
Classes can help but it won't guarantee a dog won't turn on eventually. My dog spent a lot of time with other dogs as a puppy but still ended up DA.

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awwww, thanks! Em, We have already got her enrolled in puppy classes... and so far, she has not shown any agression at all :clap:
We're still taking her out in public-- Petsmart, Petco, and the local place, Pets Gone Wild-- always other dogs there, and she is learning to tolerate any handling from anyone, human or canine. She was reallllllly shy at first, but now greets everyone enthusiastically. Hoping for CGC by the end of the year!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Classes can help but it won't guarantee a dog won't turn on eventually. My dog spent a lot of time with other dogs as a puppy but still ended up DA.
You're very right on that, it just helps a bit to "try" & curb it I should have said. Missed a word lol Dai Ca likes to sleep on one arm while I try & type with the other ^_^

But yes, it's inevitable, but as long as we stay good owners, we can say proudly that we try to do everything that we can right :)

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love whits gsd they look so clean and gracefield
I had never considered getting a GSD before-- just would have rather gotten a shelter dog than spend a lot of money on papers for a family pet... But we got Caesar for free, because his owner had to find him a home in a hurry bc of a job transfer/couldn't take with problem. Hubby always wanted one... We got Keira at 8 weeks old for $150 because her previous owners bought her from a BYB and they couldn't take her to the vet when she ended up sick (Stupid people, UGH!) AND they got evicted for having her! We ended up dumping out $650 for her in the first week: $150 for the dog, then another $500 in vet bills. We basically just paid them what they paid for the dog. She was expensive to get started with, but she was definitely worth EVERY penny! :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Awwww, thanks! Em, We have already got her enrolled in puppy classes... and so far, she has not shown any agression at all :clap:
We're still taking her out in public-- Petsmart, Petco, and the local place, Pets Gone Wild-- always other dogs there, and she is learning to tolerate any handling from anyone, human or canine. She was reallllllly shy at first, but now greets everyone enthusiastically. Hoping for CGC by the end of the year!
You're welcome :) Awesome that's great to hear ! Does she have all her shots? Because you say she goes everywhere, don't want her catching something :(

She was expensive to get started with, but she was definitely worth EVERY penny!

It can be very expensive yes, but like you said, worth every penny :D

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You're welcome :) Awesome that's great to hear ! Does she have all her shots? Because you say she goes everywhere, don't want her catching something :(
Oh definitely-- she has all of her puppy shots-- excepting, of course, her next Bordatella, which is due in September. And we just got her spayed on Tuesday. Our vets sees her out and about too, lol-- all 6 of them! We see them out with their dogs all the time, and they just adore Keira... she's the little Prima Donna of the office!

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:goodpost::goodpost: totally reminded me of that too.

so true! Great shots love your pups! Funny about the nails, I thought he had a black dot on his head, lol. Thanks for sharing :)
Thank you! and LOL, my sister thought that too, when I emailed her a picture this week... I felt so bad for her at first when it happened, but she just got back up and kept playing!!:roll:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Oh definitely-- she has all of her puppy shots-- excepting, of course, her next Bordatella, which is due in September. And we just got her spayed on Tuesday. Our vets sees her out and about too, lol-- all 6 of them! We see them out with their dogs all the time, and they just adore Keira... she's the little Prima Donna of the office!
Ok ^_^ just making sure, awe is she wearing a cone? Chanel looked super funny with one. Awe :) that's nice your vet adores her, I was afraid our vet would shun Dai Ca (it's a snobby rich area) but they adore him as well, I don't know about Prima Donna though lol

She looks Asian ^_^ haha

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OMGosh!!! Ahahaha, she looks so silly! Nah, Keira will only have to wear a cone if she starts worrying her incision site-- so far, she just ignores it. (BIG sigh of relief!) Haha.
Her incision site:

And her sleepy, "I just had my pain meds" face:

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
White gsd's are pretty. Nice doggies :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Oh lucky lol I over worry, so I made Chanel wear it the whole time! She's sooo cute sleeping ^_^

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
White gsd's are pretty. Nice doggies :)
Thank you!!! We love him to pieces already, and it's been just over a week. He's a HUMONGOUS monster of a GSD--120lbs.!!!!:rolleyes: When I did the quick research before we went to meet him, it said that the averages for a male GSD were: Height: 24-26 inches (60-65cm.) Bitches 22-24 inches (55-60cm.)
Weight: 77-85 pounds (35-40kg.)
So he was a BIG surprise for us! Haha...
But Caesar has the most easygoing temperament... he was trained very very well. Heels nicely, even my 6 year old daughter can walk him! :woof: He doesn't chase the cats, and plays roughly, but tries not to hurt Keira. Of course, they can't play for another week and a half, but the first few days he was awesome with her!

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh lucky lol I over worry, so I made Chanel wear it the whole time! She's sooo cute sleeping ^_^
Haha, I bet! I was freaking out the whole time she was in surgery... the receptionist kept telling me that THEY would call me when she was out, lol... And they let her come home the same day, with the provision that i she showed ANY signs of trouble, that I was to bring her STRAIGHT BACK! lol
SO far, so good :)
The only problem we're having is that Caesar and Keira are already showing signs of separation anxiety.... :hammer: They whine if they can't see each other, and they go lay by each other's crates when one or the other is out. We alternate who is in or out, since they can't play until 2 Tuesdays from now. :(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts