Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's in your at home medical kit ? Anything unusual, like maybe a suture kit or a skin stapler ? The reason i ask is because were kinda out in the country and its always nice to be prepared . I've got a plastic toolbox that i have stocked and ready in case anything should go wrong. BTW first post,,,cheers !!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
well as I used to work in a hospital and my mom still does out medical boxes are stacked lol everything from steril hospital scissors, all sizes of gauze, steri strips for suturing hard to get places, liquid skin , second skin , ointments and such . with 3 boys im sure everything will eventually get used . especially with my youngest he is alil dare devil already done a wheely in his bike of the deck this summer :s

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
If you know how to use a skin stapler then yes they are great to keep on hand you also need the staple remover. If you do not know how to use them then do not get them, you can make a big mess of things.
I keep lidicane, suture and staplers, brown gauze rolled, co-flex, I have sedative, IV sets, Ringers lactate bags with full set ups, syringes, and much more including antibiotics and other meds. You can keep an extensive medically kit if you know how to use everything and the only reason we are so stocked is because my husband and I were vet techs for several years. If you want a basic kit then keep things like benadryl, metronidazole, and other antibiotics on hand. Keep wound dressings on hand as well and you should have a good kit. There is a sticky thread at the top of this health section that says "must have meds" that has a lot of meds you can keep on hand and not need a prescription for. It also gives links on where to but them online.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts