1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
SRK's Hero Of War CGC
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
curious!!!!!!!!!! xD

Had Riley fully trained at 4 months<3

no crate, no rubbing of the nose.

she slept with me and I forced myself to get up ever 2 hours until my body was naturally waking up at those times. really helped and she hasnt had an accident since 3 months!!!

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Dosia was fully trained around the same time 3-4 months. I never had a crate the boys have a bed next to my bed and I have wood floors so if I heard puppy nails I would take him right out. The only accident he's had since then was in the car and he was sick.

Riley's a good girl :D

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
yeah george was almost potty trained at 3 1/2 months and then when mike was in the hospital they were both on a friends porch and i lost ground with him :( kinda emotionally messed both of em up that whole month and lacey who is 2 1/2 had an accident when everybody came home n she NEVER has accidents. if it hadn't been for that it woulda been at 4 months :( but he turns 5 months in about a week n a half n we haven't had any accidents since we moved :D so i would say 4 1/2 months. so proud of my boy. he still pees a little when i get him excited tho. icky boys. hahaha.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
yeah george was almost potty trained at 3 1/2 months and then when mike was in the hospital they were both on a friends porch and i lost ground with him :( kinda emotionally messed both of em up that whole month and lacey who is 2 1/2 had an accident when everybody came home n she NEVER has accidents. if it hadn't been for that it woulda been at 4 months :( but he turns 5 months in about a week n a half n we haven't had any accidents since we moved :D so i would say 4 1/2 months. so proud of my boy. he still pees a little when i get him excited tho. icky boys. hahaha.
:rofl::rofl::rofl: My mom always says boy dogs are icky lol

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
by 4 months. I used the crate though and she has had 2 accidents in the new house. She's doing good and the best part is not having to walk outside every 30 minutes anymore.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Dosia was fully trained around the same time 3-4 months. I never had a crate the boys have a bed next to my bed and I have wood floors so if I heard puppy nails I would take him right out. The only accident he's had since then was in the car and he was sick.
hahaha- thats how i did it too. we all slept on an air bed. me mike n both dogs. when he jumped down i felt it n i jumped up to take him out :) never been a light sleeper til potty trainin this pup :D

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Loki was housebroken by 5 months of age, as was our Dogo, Jedi. (Although with him we had to re-train him when he started lifting his leg.) Terra is really just now becoming more trustworthy but still not necessarily housebroken. Just goes to show you what wonders you can work with one dog and how much different it is when you're trying to raise 2 pups together.

·
hrmph
5,349 Posts
Belle was at about 4 months and Rudi at about 3 1/2 months! I always had them sleep with me when they were little, but oddly enough both slept through the night. So they were just spoiled bhahaha

·
SRK's Hero Of War CGC
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wonder why other breed owners of small dogs and shepards ect have a harder and longer time potty training or it just seems this way to me. guess on average 3 - 5 months is currect with pups. =)

·
Banned
1,616 Posts
I wonder why other breed owners of small dogs and shepards ect have a harder and longer time potty training or it just seems this way to me. guess on average 3 - 5 months is currect with pups. =)
What I have seen is people with other breeds tend to baby them especially the small breeds. I am hard on my dogs I let them know what I expect and they better do it. lol I dont take much stuff from dogs.

·
SRK's Hero Of War CGC
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What I have seen is people with other breeds tend to baby them especially the small breeds. I am hard on my dogs I let them know what I expect and they better do it. lol I dont take much stuff from dogs.
Yeah, I figured that about little dogs but why would large other breeds have this same issue? uneducated owners most likely?

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I think Zenith was potty trained at 5 months or so. Small dogs I heard are hard to potty train because they are hard to see if they sneak off somewhere and do their business.

Edit to add:
I had a small dog for a while and that dog was the hardest thing to potty train. I'd put her outside in the morning as soon as I woke up and she wouldn't do her business. I'd leave her outside till afternoon time to try and get her to go. There'd be no poop in the yard and as soon as I brought her in she'd try and go. She had to be outside all day and in a crate at night. Or house poopy for me.

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Oh god this is embarrassing.... I think it took us nearly 6 or 7 months.. Yeah... I lived in an upstairs condo... on the 2nd floor... so I had to go down 2 flights of stairs to run her in and out... and I was..... lazy.... Also I never spanked her, or rubbed her nose in it. I used to "Opps" method when I caught her in the act and redirection. Not that she was going ALL THE TIME up to 6 or 7 months... but she still had accidents, mostly just pee. But now she's the most reliable ever, she has an iron bladder. She had one accident last year and the year before that one accident, both those times her tummy was upset though and she doesn't let us know when shes got to go.

·
hrmph
5,349 Posts
I have a lot of clients that have problems potty training their little dogs. They let them dance around and run from their owners and then when the dog poops and the owner runs after them they think its a game. also, they ARE small so esp when you are training you have to take them out often. I wouldn't treat a small dog any different than my "bigger" dogs.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts