Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
LOL,I have a 3 year old that still does at times, { he does lift his leg most of the time lol} I think i noticed loki was closer to like 8 months before he lift his leg. I wish he still squated I hate that they can pee on stuff like that now like the kids slide OMG he makes me so mad when he does that or on the garage door >.< ...

·
Registered
816 Posts
i have heard some will squat for life...some will mark with the leg up....and i also heard that a dog needs to see another dog raise its leg before he will try it himself.

that last one seems rather far fetched....who knows.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Kangol is almost 7 and still squats if he has to go outside and pee while it is raining lol but he didn't start lifting his leg until he was 9 months old maybe 10 months. There is no set age-- when it happens, it happens and if it doesn't then it doesn't.

·
Registered
816 Posts
personally i like him to squat....except that every now and again this guy pees on his front right leg.....thats no bueno lol.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Hahahahahaha ^^^ defiantly no Bueno, most of my males usually get to it around 6 to 8 months every now and then I'll notice my oldest duke who is 5, squatting. Its funny when i catch him he gets embarrassed and will turn his head away from me ( if he is squatting that is).

·
Super Moderator
4,653 Posts
Ecko is 3 years old and has never lifted his leg. I'd rather he did, at least then he'd be less likely to walk through the puddle when he's done. LOL!
I think he was neutered at a very early age though. Is has it's pros and cons I guess.

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
i have heard some will squat for life...some will mark with the leg up....and i also heard that a dog needs to see another dog raise its leg before he will try it himself.

that last one seems rather far fetched....who knows.
No males around my pup and he lifted his leg at 8 weeks to pee! hadnt really done it since :) he is 3 months now.. but It was cool

·
Registered
816 Posts
haha, lovely peeing discussion. I really dont mind what he does.......i thought about lifting his leg for him to teach him but i guess i have had brighter ideas than this b4

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
ahahahahahaha lol i almost peed all over myself when i read this Rodrigo lmao!!! and Ecko I'll have to agree with you on the neutering at a early age having pros and cons. But think about it this way, squatting the con is he walks through the puddles. Pro he doesn't lift his leg so it doesn't splatter everywhere. a question just popped into my head Ecko, does he ever pee all over his front legs on accident? I'm curious because Ive seen young dogs do it, I know you boy is 3 right so I'm wondering if it happens to him occasionally.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
OMG texas crush does that drives me bonkers cause then he has to get a bath { which he likes , but its a pain} cause he sleeps on my bed lol. He will walk and pee at the same time and its like a lil kid learning to use the toilett, shooting out sideways and all over like he has no control over it. Almost like a big firehose with only 1 fireman holding it. Disaster.

·
Super Moderator
4,653 Posts
ahahahahahaha lol i almost peed all over myself when i read this Rodrigo lmao!!! and Ecko I'll have to agree with you on the neutering at a early age having pros and cons. But think about it this way, squatting the con is he walks through the puddles. Pro he doesn't lift his leg so it doesn't splatter everywhere. a question just popped into my head Ecko, does he ever pee all over his front legs on accident? I'm curious because Ive seen young dogs do it, I know you boy is 3 right so I'm wondering if it happens to him occasionally.
He's not so much of a "squatter" per se, more of a "leaner" he stretches his hind legs back and leans his pecker towards the ground, then when he starts walking away he leads with his hind right and 8 out of 10 times lands his foot right in the puddle. It's extra funny because he sniffs and picks his way through the yard and back to the door so carefully so that he doesn't step in anything he may have left on his last outing. LOL! Weird dog.
He's a rescue so he was neutered prob around 5 months. At least that'd be my best guess.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
He's not so much of a "squatter" per se, more of a "leaner" he stretches his hind legs back and leans his pecker towards the ground, then when he starts walking away he leads with his hind right and 8 out of 10 times lands his foot right in the puddle. It's extra funny because he sniffs and picks his way through the yard and back to the door so carefully so that he doesn't step in anything he may have left on his last outing. LOL! Weird dog.
He's a rescue so he was neutered prob around 5 months. At least that'd be my best guess.
my oldest male did that excact thing untill alittle over a yr old. I still catch him every now and again

1 - 14 of 14 Posts