Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Athena is coming home from the shelter 10am tomorrow. Visited her today and took a couple of pics....woulda visited her every day until they released her.

Now Samson is mine and Athena is Alexanders (my 16 yr old son)

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank u .... i dont think ill sleep tonight hahahah im sooo excited for so many reasons...

athena will be free
samson will have a friend like him
alexander has a dog of his own
i still wont scoop poop in the backyard (love my 16 yr old son more than ill admit ) hahahahaha

oh and the house will be insane with energy

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
so exciting I cant wait for pictures without bars ;) , hope she fits in perfectly. were you allowed to bring samson to visit or will there 1st meeting be tomorrow? hope they love eachother.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i cant bring him because he will go insane with some many dogs...he thrives on energy and he would go bonkers.

im gonna pick her up...then swing by petco for bowls food and purple collar. cuz she needs to look like a lady.

then going home straight to the backyard for her to feel around by herself...then maybe 10 20 minutes later samson comes out. i have zero doubts he gets along ...today at petco a terrier bit his snout twice and samson didnt even flinch.... he ONLY shows aggression towards larger dogs....and Athena is 25-30 lbs max

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
Awesome bro!! keep us posted :)

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
here are the ones i took thursday when i went to adopt her....today i was just visiting as i was going to daily....but i got lucky and they fixed her and all already so 10am tomorrow yipeeeee

my friend staci is animal control for los angeles county and also a rescuer , she networks with a million people drives pups here and there placinmg them....she met me at the shelter.....she works with debbie and she does glamour shots to bring attention to the onlooker.......

here is Kaya (Athena) ......this sold me...i had to have her.

then this was thursday when i visited her and adopted her.

she will trim down a wee bit cuz shes looking a lil round lol.... but shes a cutie and full of spark. i love her already. im so lucky to have her.

ill take pics tomorrow when i get her thanks guys, feels so good rescuing her

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
here we go....

Athena Staffy Bull Terrier mix ....guess doubt she s pure ...who cares.

14 inches at withers
24.2 lbs

im gonna shape her up a bit ...a couple lbs and she ll be ok... she ll get blue buffallo wilderness like samson except half the amount .....

they get along great, since she has stitches im gonna keep them separated for a while a) to let her heal cuz shes high intensity b) to give her time to get used to the house c) samson to cool his jets ..... hahhaah

here are pics from the drive from shelter and home...and ill have a video soon ..just a lil clip

at the house..... one rule , ...pee and poo outside... the rest....they are animals and animals will play....

stocky lil tank she is

she is 4 days younger than Samson

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
awww she looks so happy , what a sweet lil girl and yes very stocky thing. Glad she is home with you hope the transition is smooth for her , Im sure it will be anything beats the cage she saw at the shelter. Congrats to you and your son.

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
i like the name Kaya personally and would leave it.. thats me though.. :D .. cute little girl she is.. Sampson looks like a giant compared to her.. lol

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
its my sons decision.... he likes Athena ...so ..... lol

i give them 10 minutes of play together every couple of hours.....i am trying to introduce them calmly .

so far so good.....ill tell u this, ....i dont see either dog laying next to each other quietly on a sunny day....these guys want to spend energy hahaha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts