Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Atlanta Bully Rescue officially started in September of 2009. I finally finished the spread sheet with all of our numbers:

In 2009 Atlanta Bully Rescue fixed 9 dogs.

So far in 2010 Atlanta Bully Rescue has fixed 37 dogs and 4 cats.

So far in 2010 Atlanta Bully Rescue had 3 dogs euthanized. We are primarily a no kill shelter but we do not believe in adopting out unstable dogs.

In 2009 Atlanta Bully Rescue adopted out 4 dogs. and transferred 6 dogs to Barking Hound Village for transport to a no kill shelter in Manhattan.

So far in 2010 Atlanta Bully Rescue adopted out 29 dogs and transferred one cat to Southern Animal Rescue.

In 2009 Atlanta Bully Rescue took in 20 dogs.

So far in 2010 Atlanta Bully Rescue has taken in 40 dogs and 2 cats, 8 of those puppies died from Fading Puppy Syndrome.

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Wow, that's great. You guys will only get bigger, that's for sure!

Out of curiosity, what is determined to be an unstable dog?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, that's great. You guys will only get bigger, that's for sure!

Out of curiosity, what is determined to be an unstable dog?
The thing we look out for the most and can't tolerate is human aggression. Our goal is to adopt out the best of the best. We don't want any of our dogs to add to the fuel of BSL. Not to mention there are thousands of stable pit bulls being euthanized everyday because there is simply not enough homes, it makes it hard to justify keeping a dog in our rescue we could never adopt out. It doesn't make it easy though and the 3 we had euthanized I held in my arms until their last breath while tears ran down my face.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts