Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We recently started a blog of rescue stories in the effort to challenge the popular idea that some dogs are unlovable and thereby unadoptable. We are especially interested in pit bull stories and would love to hear from you!

***What has your rescue taught you about love?
***Has your rescue ever done anything amazing?

Please send your story to [email protected]
and check out the blog: Love Like A Dog

Thank so much!

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
My boy Dosia was a rescue. I'd love to share my story with you but I have no clue how to email.
We got Dosia at 9 weeks old. The guy who bought him was horrible and was beating him. He would leave him alone inside all day and if he went potty on the floor he got beat. Poor boy. The last time the guy saw poo on the floor he picked him up by the neck and chocked him till he passed out, and threw him in the corner. The guy had is brother and his GF over when it happened. The GF felt so bad for the poor pup she took him from the house the next day while he was at work. He was brought in the tattoo shop the next day by the girl asking if anyone wanted him and what happened to him. Ryan took him and brought him home to me. Best present I ever got :) After talking with people we found the breeders and kennel he came from and his back round. Both his parents were on site and were beautiful and had great temperaments. The breeders were awesome and gave us a new contract saying he was rehomed to us, so if the guy saw him he couldn't take him from me.
Every one was worried that since he was chocked till he passed out that he would have brain damage or would be to mean to have around my kid but that was not the case. He has grown to be one of the smartest, loving, and loyal dogs I have had the pleasure of owning. He is very sweet and is really gentle with my son. Even though he had a horrible start to his life he is not skittish or untrusting of new people.

Here is my son giving him a big kiss

and a vid of them playing together

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
Oh man KG that sucks poor doisa,
ya my Lucy was almost starved to death as a pup and kicked because she jumped up one of the few times the current owner brought the pups some food, I got her about 1 yr old and she was covered head to tail in fleas, had heartworms and scared to death, if you would raise your hand she would hit the ground yelping as loud as she could! Took me 3 months to get her to act like a dog, best day of my life when I came home to like 30 pairs of shoes eaten remote control destroyed and her greeting me at the door with a wagging tail instead of cowering in the corner! That was the day she truly started to make her recovery and now she is truly the best dog I could have ever dreamed of, I love her more than anything in the world and she LOVES ALL people soooo much. She is so forgiving I am starting her formal obedience tonight so as to make her a therapy dog here in the soon future so she can share her love with some people in need

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
When I got Bruno he was a wopping 30 pounds You could see his ribs. He had kennel cough,a horrible sinus cold,and the worst diarrhea I had ever seen,but that didn't stop me from adopting him.
A quick trip to the vet,and about a month or so later,and he was good as new!
I sometimes forget that he was so sick,when I first got him. Then I see the pictures I took of him during that time.
He looks like a different dog now! Even his color changed! It use to be so dull.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Everyone!
I love all these stories. It is okay if I just copy and past the pictures and stories to the the Love Like A Dog blog?

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
That would be just fine with me. I'm sorry I'm a bit special when it comes to computers I still have no clue how to send an email lol. If you would like any other pics just let me know I have tons of pics of my boy with my son our friends kids and our kitties :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts