Go Pitbull Forums banner

ATTENTION: Signature size limits

989 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  MY MIKADO 
#1 ·
Please do not put any image over 300kb into your signature (This is not a hard limit, it is somewhat flexible, just don't go much over). This makes the site very slow loading for those who are on slower connections. I will be running a script to check signature image sizes within the next week or so, and will be removing signatures that break this size limit. Also, there may be a maximum pixel size imposed on signature images soon.

Members will not get in any trouble for this unless they continue to put large images in their signature after I remove them.

Also, if you happen to see anyone with an image in their sig which is too large, please PM them and remind them of this, or you can PM myself or redog and we will look into it.

Thanks!

#5 ·
Also, wanted to crosspost this from the moderator forum, because the question arose.

To see how large an image is
You can right click on an image and select properties. It will pop up a dialog that has a 'Size' field, in bytes.

If you divide this by 1024 (or 1000 works well enough), that is the number of kb the image is.

So, for example, ericschevy's current sig image is 10675 bytes, which would translate to roughly 10kb.

#6 ·
I would definitely like to see a pixel limit in addition to a file size limit. Maybe something could be hard-coded into the board to prevent sig pics which are so wide they push out the right border of a thread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.