Go Pitbull Forums banner

avg weight

Tags
avg weight
3K views 25 replies 17 participants last post by  dylroche1 
#1 ·
Now, we all know that weight does not matter! some pit bulls can be short and stocky some are lean and long. Some are fat some are muscular. Some breeds of pitbulls are different than other. I just want to see numbers

female 11months 44lbs
male 11months 60lbs

#2 ·
Some are the real deal APBT and some are American Bullys :) Pit bulls don't weigh 85-100 lbs and if they do they are more bully than APBT. The only way to tell if you have a real pit bull is by the bloodlines. What are yours?

#3 ·
Well blue nose, i was just looking for numbers from people of this site, reguardless bully or APBT. But, to answer your question I dont know. I cant even guarentee 100% pitbull. From what I know and my understanding their mother (which i have) is a pitbull and so was their father. I got the mother when she was 8months. When i went to bootcamp she was in my dads care and a little less then a year later I got my own house and i got her back. 2 months later she started having puppies in my living room. Only 4 popped out and 2 of them died. I love my dog (the mother) so much that there was no way I could get rid of her puppies. My dad knew i didnt want her to get pregnate. He knew it!! But i cant be mad at him anymore cause i got the best 2 puppies i could ever ask for. I spend more time and money on them then myself and my wife lol. The father was the neighbors dog. He was also a pitbull and he was more of the shorter/stockier pitbull breeds. The mother btw is a long/lean breed.

#4 ·
Ah, okay....well I am glad that your pups at least found good homes with you :) So they are 11 months old and weigh what you posted. I have an Am. bully who is 8 months and weighs 46 lbs but she still has some filling out to do. They consider her a "classic" type bully because of her build. Some of the bullies look like what they call hippos and are very thick and large. They can weigh up to 100 lbs. From what I understand and from what I have learned on here is that an APBT can weigh 35 lbs up and there are some APBT lines that can reach up to 70 lbs. Hope that helps :) Post up some pics of yours :D

#8 ·
lol sry kg, when i said blue nose i meant blue_nose_bella. Sorry about the breeds things, I guess i meant lines. My dogs are red nose. I will post nice pictures soon. Thx for the posts guys!

#6 ·
Just so you know, its a little misleading to refer to "breeds of pitbull." There is only one true Pit Bull, and that's the American Pit Bull Terrier. The only people who lump other breeds in with the APBT under the "pitbull" banner are novices, politicians, and journalists. LOL!

Here's what I have. These weights are averages, not exact to this very moment.

7-year-old female. 48 lbs.
3-year-old female. 43 lbs.

#18 · (Edited)
Just so you know, its a little misleading to refer to "breeds of pitbull." There is only one true Pit Bull, and that's the American Pit Bull Terrier. The only people who lump other breeds in with the APBT under the "pitbull" banner are novices, politicians, and journalists. LOL!
So true!!!

In my house my smallest female is 45 lbs and my largest male is 63lbs.

#7 ·
My pup is currently 62.6lbs and he is a little over 2 years. He should be leaner and have more muscle, which I am working on. I was told he is an American Staffordshire Terrier, but I do not have papers and have not gotten him tested.

KG, I don't think he was saying he had a blue nose, just addressing blue_nose_bella :)

#10 ·
red nose is not a line either. Just the color of their noses :)

#13 ·
She's a sexy little thing too! ;) haha

Well Whitman just turned 1yr old on April 1st, weighed in at 61.4lbs this last weekend and is 19in as well.

He's on the bigger end of the APBT size, not fat either but in rather good shape for a 1yr old pup :)

#22 ·
mine are traditional style dogs.

female-almost 5- 35lbs
male-3 yrs old- 46 lbs
male 3 yrs old -47 lbs

#24 ·
Yes Dosia is registered, unfortunatly not in my name. He was rescued from a horribly person when he was around 9 weeks old. We were fortunate enough to find his breeders who gave us a new sales contract just incase the first guy tried to steal him back from me.
He is just one of those genetic freak dogs that come up every so often. His mom was around 50lbs and his dad was a bit closer to 60. At one point when D was fat lol he was almost 80lbs, he's also about 25in from ground to front shoulder. Here's a pic of him standing in front of me I'm 5'7 so you can see he's actually a pretty big.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.