Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
POCONO PITS AND PUGS

I was looking in our local paper at the ads for puppies and dogs just to skim and I came across this breeder advertising his website. Take a look for yourself..there is too much wrong to even know where to begin!!!:hammer:

And the exact ad in the paper reads: RED NOSED PIT BULL PUPS ADBA registered www.poconopitsandpugs.com $400 neg

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm from the 'Pocono's". Just moved down here last March 2010. I know exactly where they are..

I don't condone BYB. ....but, I don't think these dogs look too bad. They are registered with ADBA, and not your 'fake' overnight registry... I am glad they are $400, and not $1000.

Before anyone bashes me.... just saying
Maybe they are just starting out, and as we all know.. you can't buy that perfect correct pup from a well known breeder unless the breeder has known you for years or you have been showing.. where do you start?
Would you give one of your pups to just anyone?
Maybe they are interested in dog sports and want to get started in it, but don't know where to find the resources?

I say, lets invite them to this board. :woof:

·
s3x drugs and el3ktro
194 Posts
for 1 it says they been breeding "pits" for 8 years and they refer to the sire and dam as mum and dad and that ginger dog has razors edge blood line? would that make em apbt x am bully?

and is it just me or does that bruiser look like he's got mastiff in him?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I thought the dad looked mastiff as well. On the puppies page It says the dad is 130 lbs... Not an apbt! It also list the pups as $800

·
Registered
93 Posts
i to don't condone byb...but i would have to agree with some of the pts. Kathleen made...another thing is that the first RE dogs weren't Am Bullys... take Throwin Knuckles for example he was one of the first RE dogs but he is not what you see when you think Am Bully....and also The ADBA doesn't recognize the AM Bully that is why Dave Wilson started the ABKC... and these dogs may be APBT x Am Bully but they still have to be reg. APBT with the ADBA.....like Kathleen said least they reg with a reputable org. not a fake reg. or no papers at all.

and if ya wanna start bashing me go ahead cause i don't give a flying Flip...cause they was I see it is if ya talking bout me ya just giving someone else a break

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
Those dogs shouldn't be bred lol. That's all i can say. They are fugly. Dang byb's putting out :poop:

I understand with the comment about them possibly just starting out. However, they have supposedly been in it for 8 years and have poor examples of the breed. That big ol male looks mastiff and has a super high rear. IMHO

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
ahhhh I don't know about them being okay breeders...Bruiser doesn't even look APBT. Plus they call them red nosed pits..just screams BYB. Plus Bruiser is Ginger's uncle!! Unless that's a normal occurrence and is something that many breeders do, I just don't see how that is okay!

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
They are nothing more than BYB's breeding unregistered pugs and did you see some of the pug puppies? they have horrible heads for pug and eye placement. Then you get to the big sloppy pit mixes they are breeding I do not care of they have ADBA papers those are not APBT's. They are advertising the pups as having big paws and are breeding for size. How can any of you think this is ok? Adoption places take great care in placing dogs, let them find homes for the unwanted pits instead of a bone head BYB producing more. Just because they do not just let them go to anyone does not mean they are doing a good job. If you flashed money at them I do not think they would look into the home that hard. Just a promise of I will take care of them is good enough.

$800 for those DOGS??? really?? My next litter is going to be 800 off of two working dogs.... That is just a shame!

I also guarantee you those pictures of the pit puppies across the top are not their dogs they are from another website. Nothing they can produce with the dogs they have will look like that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wow!

I'm no expert bt I know those pups and pup parents deff don't look like any type of full bully breed. They are adorable tho :)

·
SASSY MINX
3,473 Posts
They are nothing more than BYB's breeding unregistered pugs and did you see some of the pug puppies? they have horrible heads for pug and eye placement. Then you get to the big sloppy pit mixes they are breeding I do not care of they have ADBA papers those are not APBT's. They are advertising the pups as having big paws and are breeding for size. How can any of you think this is ok? Adoption places take great care in placing dogs, let them find homes for the unwanted pits instead of a bone head BYB producing more. Just because they do not just let them go to anyone does not mean they are doing a good job. If you flashed money at them I do not think they would look into the home that hard. Just a promise of I will take care of them is good enough.

$800 for those DOGS??? really?? My next litter is going to be 800 off of two working dogs.... That is just a shame!

I also guarantee you those pictures of the pit puppies across the top are not their dogs they are from another website. Nothing they can produce with the dogs they have will look like that.
Can you explain to me why kennels like these post photos of sire/dam conjoined? Why is that necessary? It's like they're trying to prove something & looks disgraceful to the breed/dogs

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Showing 2 dogs tied just proves that the 2 dogs were stuck and have been bred. Wether it takes or not is a different story. I don't have an issue with tied dogs being photographed but those dogs should not be tied period they should be spayed and neutered.

·
Registered
70 Posts
LMMFAO OMG Look at the poor pug puppies head and eyes! They honestly looks deformed. Im so sorry to laugh like that but thats just not right! SMH

·
Registered
420 Posts

I agree 100%... unfreaking real the crap people are trying to get away with... I have pups off of working dogs that I don't/won't charge that much for and I have Ch dogs!!!
MUTTS and unknowledgable people.. if they been doing it for 8 years they should have learned something in the first 2 years to realize what they are doing isn't right in any way shape or form... dont get me wrong ive made plenty of mistakes but never to the point of just breeding anything and trying to rob people of their hard earned money on below sub-par dogs...

For those of you newbies here making excuses for them ya need to sit back and read some more topics on this site.. not bashing and or trying to start anything but it's obvious ya don't have much of a clue either...

·
SASSY MINX
3,473 Posts
Showing 2 dogs tied just proves that the 2 dogs were stuck and have been bred. Wether it takes or not is a different story. I don't have an issue with tied dogs being photographed but those dogs should not be tied period they should be spayed and neutered.
I could see for line purposes so the breeder can keep consistent files of each sucessful breeding makes sense just don't know why it's necessary on the site as well? But I thought the same thing, doesn't prove the breeding took.

Agreed - they should be neutered & treated as just pets not breeding stock.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
I personally see no reason for tied photos. If you need tied photos to prove a breeding then your not reputable enough to be breeding, and its just plain tacky IMO. As for their stock :( BYBER!!!!

Reactions: Lex's Guardian
1 - 20 of 39 Posts