Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had Cammo in the bed of my truck for a couple days while I get a fence built at my girls house and today the campus "police" come and knock on my door and say I need to get the dog out of my truck and off of any campus premises. Told him I can't until tomorrow until I drive to my girls house and find some way to tie her up. In an ahole voice said if it's not gone by later tonight their calling the humane society and having her picked up for animal cruelty!!!

At that point I was pissed, noones taking my baby from me! I just told him anyone touches my girl I'm hitting in the mouth fake badge or not. They didn't say anything else except have her gone ASAP.

Not exaggerating or trying to sound tough but Cammo is like my kid and her being in the bed of my truck for a couple days isn't hurting a damn thing and faaar from cruel. I just parked my truck at an offcampus apartment right next to mine. Guess I'll finish up that fence sooner than I thought lol

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Is there a canopy on your truck or is it open? Aren't you worried about someone stealing her?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there a canopy on your truck or is it open? Aren't you worried about someone stealing her?
she has a hunting dog house chained to the bed of my truck so theres noone going to steal her at night, and shes only in that thing from 12:00am-7:45am as she stays in a big yard at my work most of the day, gets walked 3 times a day.... all of which i explained to these idiots!

then the Resident advisors come to my door and have a $75 ticket written up for "damages".... what property of theirs could she have possibly damaged while in the bed of my truck??? he said sign it or we'll set up a meeting with the Dean..... guess im just waiting for the dean to call me now :poop:

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
I see - I didn't realize you were talking about a campus that you lived on I guess.

Time to start looking for a place off-campus sounds like!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see - I didn't realize you were talking about a campus that you lived on I guess.

Time to start looking for a place off-campus sounds like!
ya, the apartment is about a mile "off campus" but is still owned by the school if that makes sense. and she has only been in there a couple days while i put up this fence at my girls place to keep her at until i get a house in about 4 months.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
No offense but this is why people should make sure they are ALLOWED pets where they live before getting one, or set up properly where they can keep them. I wouldnt leave them in the bed of my truck they are way to valuable to me and I do see the campus police side on this. Too many risks, stelaing her or your truck { car theft happens alot here} , someone can poison her easily { happens alot more then you think} , if she is barking can you hear her? I hope you get her set up taken care of soon for her sake, best of luck there.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No offense but this is why people should make sure they are ALLOWED pets where they live before getting one, or set up properly where they can keep them. I wouldnt leave them in the bed of my truck they are way to valuable to me and I do see the campus police side on this. Too many risks, stelaing her or your truck { car theft happens alot here} , someone can poison her easily { happens alot more then you think} , if she is barking can you hear her? I hope you get her set up taken care of soon for her sake, best of luck there.
she does and always will have a place to stay, made sure of that well before hand. she has a running cord in the back yard but i wanted to keep her with me until i got this fence put up. i dont have a problem with them not wanting her on a college owned location but to try and charge me $75 "damages" and tell me to find a place for her immediately because its cruel is a little out of line. and she wasnt barking at all, i can see and hear her from my window, we just got through with a hard run so she was sound asleep.

and i understand about the poisioning and stealing part but someone could easily do that from a backyard also, if someone wants something bad enough they will do it. but she isnt in a position where she can be easily stolen or poisoned, they would have to cut her metal box open to get to her.

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
Can you bring her in, just for the night or two you have left? I wouldn't feel safe at all about her being back there, even if you have moved the truck. Is the other apt under campus control too? She is far too exposed, imo.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can you bring her in, just for the night or two you have left? I wouldn't feel safe at all about her being back there, even if you have moved the truck. Is the other apt under campus control too? She is far too exposed, imo.
im just gonna put her on the running cord in the back yard tonight. she doesnt "live" in my truck shes stayed back there for a couple nights from late night till early morning. she'll have a fence this weekend. (only reason i didnt want her back there without a fence is i dont want the neighboorhood kids around her without me watching her)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts