Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
LOLZ
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay when Savannah was younger, I went thru just about every brand of food trying to eliminate her gas. Well I finally settled on Professional Chicken and Rice Low-Fat formula. It worked well and her gas went away. Well then I had to switch her to Ol'Roy kibble due to cash issues, and her gas still stayed away. So I assumed that her grain issues were just when she was a puppy. Well I recently moved and had to get her a new bag of food since I no longer was going to be feeding her what hte other dogs were eating. Well I picked up a bag of Diamond Lamb Meal and Rice. And guess what? She stinks again! So I've figured out that it's not from the grain she has gas, it's from the fat content. Both Ol'Roy and the Profesional brand were 9% fat, this Diamond stuff is 15% fat. So this really sucks, because I have no choice but to feed her this food until it's gone because I can't afford to waste it, but my poor girl has awful gas, and really soft poop.

Sooooo it looks like her and I will both be suffering for the next month until she eats this entire bag! It just sucks, cuz man does she stink. I was thinking of adding a fat blocker to it, but I don't know of any dog safe fat blockers. :( She was farting to bad last night the entire upstairs of the house stunk. It's bad. haha

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
When I see or hear someone is feeding Ol'roy I cringe. That crap will kill your dog as much as her gas is killing you. I know u mentioned $$$ issues and glad u at least put her on diamond. I wouldn't go back to the roy because of fat content. It could be anything that is causing your dogs issues. Not just the fat content. It could be a certain ingredient in the diamond or some other foods. Have u ever had her on grain free food? I hope u can resolve her issue for both your sakes without going back to the yucky foods :)

·
LOLZ
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
When I see or hear someone is feeding Ol'roy I cringe. That crap will kill your dog as much as her gas is killing you. I know u mentioned $$$ issues and glad u at least put her on diamond. I wouldn't go back to the roy because of fat content. It could be anything that is causing your dogs issues. Not just the fat content. It could be a certain ingredient in the diamond or some other foods. Have u ever had her on grain free food? I hope u can resolve her issue for both your sakes without going back to the yucky foods :)
Professional brand is grain free. Grain was the first thing I eliminated when having the gas issues. But I'm pretty sure it's the fat content, because it went away when I went to a lower fat food, and now that I'm back on a high fat food it's back again. So I'm pretty sure it's just because of the fat content. When this runs out I'll be switching her back to a lower fat food.

And it wont be Ol'Roy. I know better than to feed my dog Ol'Roy by choice, but when you're disabled and all your savings run out, you have to compromise ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.