Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yeah I went in my room and she was laying there with my glasses but I can only find one lens and all the chewed up ends and the frame .

the glasses dont matter so im not mad , just worrie about her

How can I tell if she ate it ? I read on some site that I could feed her bread ?

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
you can give hydrogen peroxide to make them throw up, but that's if you know for sure they ate it. She could also pass it, depending on big it is.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you can give hydrogen peroxide to make them throw up, but that's if you know for sure they ate it. She could also pass it, depending on big it is.
its sorta small,but im not for sure she ate it,I cant find it anywhere though but I will keep looking .

Would the bread work or no ?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I wouldn't ever make them throw it up when it is an hard item because it could cause a problem coming up like that unless my vet told me to do so. I DO give bread to help cushion the item to be passed. It hasn't failed me. I have a female who if she isn't watched or drained of energy she will eat anything. She has eaten chicken bones, wires, books, bread ties and a cord in the past. She hasn't gotten anything in almost a year now but I always give bread and watch to make sure they are passing their stool okay, eating and being them self. If you get worried call your vet.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I wouldn't ever make them throw it up when it is an hard item because it could cause a problem coming up like that unless my vet told me to do so. I DO give bread to help cushion the item to be passed. It hasn't failed me. I have a female who if she isn't watched or drained of energy she will eat anything. She has eaten chicken bones, wires, books, bread ties and a cord in the past. She hasn't gotten anything in almost a year now but I always give bread and watch to make sure they are passing their stool okay, eating and being them self. If you get worried call your vet.
Okay , I will give her some bread now,thanks . And the vet is closed but will call in the morning as soon as they open if she is having problems .

and there is no broken glass anywhere so im guessing if she swallowed it then it was whole .

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well she went to the bathroom and didnt pass it some I am guessing she didnt eat it ?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well she went to the bathroom and didnt pass it some I am guessing she didnt eat it ?
It will take some time. I would still keep checking within the next two days for it. The soonest it could pass would be tomorrow but the latest it could pass I would say in a couple days. These are all my opinions/assumptions from experience because I am not a licensed vet.When my female ate a bunch of cords I didn't see it until two days later. It may take time to pass so I would watch her for a few days. Make sure and call the vet tomorrow they could want to run tests on her stomach and intestines. Watch for vomiting,not eating, not passing stool and being lethargic. I hope everything goes well for you and your dog.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It will take some time. I would still keep checking within the next two days for it. The soonest it could pass would be tomorrow but the latest it could pass I would say in a couple days. These are all my opinions/assumptions from experience because I am not a licensed vet.When my female ate a bunch of cords I didn't see it until two days later. It may take time to pass so I would watch her for a few days. Make sure and call the vet tomorrow they could want to run tests on her stomach and intestines. Watch for vomiting,not eating, not passing stool and being lethargic. I hope everything goes well for you and your dog.
Okay thanks, I will watch her and call them tomarrow

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
yeah could take a day or 2 to pass. Although someone on here posted a corn cob that took 3 years to pass I think they said. That is just CRAZY! as long as the bathroom is OK you should be good.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah could take a day or 2 to pass. Although someone on here posted a corn cob that took 3 years to pass I think they said. That is just CRAZY! as long as the bathroom is OK you should be good.
3 years ? Oh my gosh . I have a awful migraine right now but in the morning I will take everything out and try to find it , even if I dont feel any better im still going too .

yeah its okay so im just going to keep an eye on her,I have to go feed her the bread in a few cause I went to sleep and forgot it earlier :(

she seems fine and all , and I dont think she ate it , but just on the safe side .

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I found it :) I went to take her out this morning and it was laying beside her crate , it blended in with the carpet . Im so glad she didnt eat that,I cant leave her alone at all or she eats something,she has toys but just wants my stuff instead .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts