Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started dragging Barca and he has a ton of drive for it! He is still worried about the sled but he is pulling about his own weight if not a bit more around the block. I think I want to decrease it just to build him up. I am so worried about messing him up since I am not really a WP person. I think he will do well if I do not screw him up! :woof:
I will be asking questions for the WP guru's for sure!

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Sweet!:D.....

Reactions: Firehazard

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
find a harness that has the weights you can add if you can find it; run with that; train with that, play with that.. swim the dog a lot .. Im not a WP man.. I developed a dog that outpulled a pull CH whopper dog in Nowata without ever hit the cart with a proper harness.. Hooch was like Barca around any dog even if he was quiet only one thing on his mind, he would only pull for another dog .. pull my 1982-85 scottdale, chevy 1500 50yds this way and that.. which the guy with the whopper didnt even try in amazement he wanted to get me on the tracks to count weight and take pics but I dropped the whopper crowed shortly after that encounter from another encounter with KG of ADBA. Anyway I was super green but I know how to condtion SLED dogs ;) which pull weight all day.. I combined that regiment with weighted harness and added the game dog regiment; doing the pulls by starting with a skid tire made like those weight sleds kinda with a ski so it didnt catch but you can add chain in the tire. I used window weights I had a pile of em. Hooch was so stacked he swam a farm pond with 75lb chain and I was so happy he wasnt dead I was no longer mad about him being loose. Barca reminds me alot of Hooch. Like I said Im not a WP person I grew up in sled dogs and wolfdogs and wolves. Anyway .. you should make him a Halo Spartan.. LOL

I would think of him as a boxer, who is also SPF, who needs to win the occasional toughman contest, and he likes to free climb.. and you will rip every title from every dog from desert to river. .. :D just cause of the dog .. he just all GO.. Looks incredibly strong...

I started with a geo metro and worked up to my s10 pickup then my hoopty olds and finally my truck.. I was green but I was going about the right way.. by the time he was pulling the truck Id work him up to everyday starting with the geo.. LOL that thing became easy cartin.. ............................................................................... you'll kick azz

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks FH ;) I have a friend who is going to show us how to make a carpet mill and I am going to be putting him on that with a weighted harness then the drag sled. He is a beast and last night he screamed just about all the way around the block! You know those screaming RBJ dogs!! lol

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
ooo! awesome!

GL w/ him!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts