2,147 Posts

·
Dirty Girl
927 Posts
Baby Wipes and Baby Shampoo!!

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Slightly off-topic, but may I ask what you're feeding her? It's been a while since I've had a puppy but it seems that 6 weeks is awfully young to be stinky enough to necessitate a bath.

·
Banned
468 Posts
Slightly off-topic, but may I ask what you're feeding her? It's been a while since I've had a puppy but it seems that 6 weeks is awfully young to be stinky enough to necessitate a bath.
+1. Grade Kibble is a huge factor in a dogs odor. When I got Luna at 10weeks old, she STUNK! Come to find out she was being fed Ol Roy! EEeeeeeekkk! :cry: I switched her to BB Wilderness Salmon right away and although she did great on it, she still smelled a tad (not as much as when she was on Ol Roy! Changed her over to Orijen and now NO SMELL! It's quite amazing what a quality feed can do for your dogs health all around :cheers:

·
Dirty Girl
927 Posts
I've never had an issue with them drying out my sons or dog's skin.

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
x2

That is likely the culprit right there! My suggestion is to switch foods asap! You might just find that the stinky puppy problem goes away entirely!
ok thank you everyone. i didnt think much of it cause when i asked the vet she kinda was like "its your preference type of thing". When she was given to us that was the food she was eating, so i just kept her diet the same. I will look over the foods and see what I can find. Thank you everyone hopefully the stinky puppy will be less stinky lol.:thumbsup:

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
Puppies can get stinky from sitting down or stepping in their pee too! Or poop! They are clumsy and sometimes right after they go potty they will pause and step in it or worse sit in it! Especially at the young age of 6 weeks. So I can see how your pup would be smelly. And like the others said, food is a huge factor! I use a mild shampoo for puppies called EarthBath. It smells amazing is is the closest to salon quality you can get on the shelves. :) I used to be a groomer. What I do now is just use a little bit of the shampoo and then make an oatmeal mush and rub it all over with the shampoo. Good for sensitive skin :)

·
Dirty Girl
927 Posts
Yeah... Champ pees on his front feet... darn boys.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts