Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, so I'm thinking of taking my pit to the beach with me in a few weekends and was hoping for some advice as I prepare. I've never taken a dog to the beach, but my dog loves water and loves laying out in the sun so I thought she would enjoy it. I've already checked that the beach and hotel I'm staying at are pet friendly, so I was just wondering if anyone had any tips or do's and don'ts. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
4,578 Posts
Mushers Secret will help protect pads and paws from the hot sand and concrete, always keep her leashed, even if it's on a long line. Don't let her drink the water, or poop in it. The former will cause the latter. And it's poor beach etiquette to poop in the water. Make sure that it is a leash only beach. Off leash beaches are much like dog parks. No one is paying attention until it is too late, and the bulldog will always catch the blame.
I hope she enjoys it as much as Ecko does.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mushers Secret will help protect pads and paws from the hot sand and concrete, always keep her leashed, even if it's on a long line. Don't let her drink the water, or poop in it. The former will cause the latter. And it's poor beach etiquette to poop in the water. Make sure that it is a leash only beach. Off leash beaches are much like dog parks. No one is paying attention until it is too late, and the bulldog will always catch the blame.
I hope she enjoys it as much as Ecko does.
Ah yes, I've heard of that Mushers Secret. I'm guessing the sand probably won't be too hot in mid October, but I'm going to get some just in case. Thank you so much for the tips! I hope so too. Ecko is beautiful btw. :)

·
Super Moderator
4,578 Posts
Ah yes, I've heard of that Mushers Secret. I'm guessing the sand probably won't be too hot in mid October, but I'm going to get some just in case. Thank you so much for the tips! I hope so too. Ecko is beautiful btw. :)
I'm in Florida. The sand is ALWAYS hot. LOL!

Thank you. He's considerably older then my photos show. But in my opinion still a handsome guy. (I might be a bit biased though)

Your two are a couple of lookers as well. Love that white on Z's face. Looks like a loveable goofball for sure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in Florida. The sand is ALWAYS hot. LOL!

Thank you. He's considerably older then my photos show. But in my opinion still a handsome guy. (I might be a bit biased though)

Your two are a couple of lookers as well. Love that white on Z's face. Looks like a loveable goofball for sure.
haha oh man I believe you. ^-^ I'm going to Myrtle in SC in about 3 weeks so hopefully it won't be too bad. Wouldn't hurt to get some of that stuff though for walks at least, the roads get pretty hot here in the summer.

He sure is! :)

Thank you! Yes, that is exactly what she is lol. She makes me laugh on a daily basis.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Fun! I hope you have a blast! My boy loves lots of water when he goes to the beach and rides in the waves lol. He loves to sit in the sun even though I bring an umbrella for him to get under and cool off. Depending on your dogs skin tone, I would apply sun block to the nose and belly. My boy gets gets really red on his nose and belly. Children's sun block is safe for dogs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts