Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We will be traveling to the beach with Gracie this weekend. Any advice on how to keep biting flies and misquitoes off her? She is 14 weeks, 17 lbs. We travel there often and want this to be a positive experience for her, not itchy. Thanks

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
I use off deep woods spray, but the can spacifically for young children. We have those huge creepy horse flies around here and those ones can do real damage to a dogs ears. Fly strike can be painful and very itchy to them, most the reason he isn't out in the yard much, till winter comes.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
I use off deep woods spray, but the can spacifically for young children. We have those huge creepy horse flies around here and those ones can do real damage to a dogs ears. Fly strike can be painful and very itchy to them, most the reason he isn't out in the yard much, till winter comes.
is DEET okay in small amounts? i always thought dogs were extra sensitive to it. especially puppies.
i use Cutters DEET free or Flys Off. and i've also used citronella oil with limited success.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the suggestions. Has anyone had any luck with a natural spray, maybe lemon grass mixture?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts