Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today's the day: D- day!
We got up early to get on the road on a Saturday of all days; the anticipation has been mounting for about on a week now-
Why?
Our pitty puppy is finally ready to come home!!!!!
Our adventure is about to start and we realise that our work is just now beginning. We pack up the kids in the car; all three of them nogal, and make our way out the drive.
The baby is restless (she would rather mess her nappy in the car than at home) and the older two are fighting over the i- pad. I haven't had my coffee yet, and the mist is hanging low: hopefully things will settle in a minute or two.
Fortunately they do!
I spend the whole drive doing last minute reading while changing a dirty nappy, and whipping the older kids into order.
Ten minutes left and my hearts start to pound...
"Have I chosen the right name for him?". "How will my other dog react?". "What can I do to make it easier for the pup?".
Suddenly as we turn the corner, I see him. He's playing on a grassy patch, his tail is wagging and he is jumping all over the breeders. I strange sense of calm washes over me and I realise we made the right choice. His name is perfect for him and we will take each day at a time. The anticipation was a promise of the joy to come.
The handover is a blur and the kids fighting and nagging disappear into the euphoria of knowing we'll be home soon. Soon, we'll be sitting in the lounge with our Tyson curled in our lap while our husky Dakota lies at our feet.
Perfection!

Tyson stayes curled up in my lap while I sit on the floor to feed the baby her porridge. Dakota allows her attention to drift from the pup for now, she's more interested in the flying food. The dogs play a little and I realise that our family is complete. My hubby, the kids; with beauty and the pit!

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
Aww that's sweet, now PICTURES!!!!

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
Yes picturesss! Lol

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
exciting but yes i agree pictures are NEEDED :) , you know wat they say pics or it didnt happen ;)

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
right! Great story now post the pics!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Heya guys. Thanks for the replies. Ummmm,ja, I'm kinda having a problem uploading pictures from my phone- any help would be appreciated!
Otherwise, his name is Maximus Tyson, he is 5 1/2 weeks old and already taking chunks of hair out of my husky. (Don't worry though- I will be seperating them soon!)

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Heya guys. Thanks for the replies. Ummmm,ja, I'm kinda having a problem uploading pictures from my phone- any help would be appreciated!
Otherwise, his name is Maximus Tyson, he is 5 1/2 weeks old and already taking chunks of hair out of my husky. (Don't worry though- I will be seperating them soon!)
5.5 weeks? A bit young to be leaving the litter just yet...

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes I thought so too. However, their litters start on solids at 3 weeks, and so they just make sure that the pups are eating strongly before sending them off. All the pups were rehomed during 1 weekend as they were reluctant to have any left behind on their own.

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
The age a pup is weaned isn't the concern. Puppies continue to learn important social skills and basic manners from their litter mates. I would be skeptical of any "breeder" who rushes puppies out the door that young.

Congrats on your new addition, regardless.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
best way to get photos on here is to upload them to a host site like photobucket or something, then copy and paste them using the "IMG" link under the picture from there to here.

·
Registered
274 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
awww he is soo cute, love the face . For future refrence if you use the "IMG" link to here the pictures will show up without having to hit the link ;)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks. I just love him.
I did try that, but for some reason I couldn't copy- only paste its so frustrating i almost flushed my phone down the drain. Maybe its just my phone. Only problem is if I dis that I wouldn't have GP anymore. Hahaha

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
He's a little cutie. Looks like he's going to be trouble later!

BTW, koeJ007, I love reading your posts. You'd have to be the first person to use the word "nogal" on here too. I can just hear your accent through the computer!

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
haha I thought nogal was a typo, what is it? lol

and your pup is adorable!!!

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
It's Afrikaans but the way koeJ007 is using it is more in the colloquial not literal sense.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hahahahahahaha. Thanks. Appreciate it. I am not afrikaans though, english- but sometimes afrikaans words say it best. Just like "H8ta" for hi.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Hahahahahahaha. Thanks. Appreciate it. I am not afrikaans though, english- but sometimes afrikaans words say it best. Just like "H8ta" for hi.
Yep, I know what you mean. Sometimes they really are the best way to get your point across!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.