Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Life's been crazy busy, so I haven't had a whole lot of time for the internet world, lol. Bullet is doing great, we've been working a lot on his focus and attention to me, and he's doing very well with that. We've been working on losing the winter weight and toning up, also doing a little bit of weight pull, starting with a tire, and he really seems to like it. I've been walking him almost every night, hiking up the mountain behind my house. It's a great walk for the both of us, and I even found an old, destroyed buoy swing on one of the side trails, so we always make a pit-stop there so he can play with it. Of course, he goes absolutely nuts for it, but hey it's good exercise. :) We're preparing to bring our new puppy home in about a month, I couldn't be more excited! She will be our hunting dog, and I'm hoping to maybe eventually do some dock diving with her. Anyway, here's some pictures of Bullet, and one of our little Sophie too. :)

This is Bullet about 3 months ago, before we started his workouts, you can see how he was pretty chubby with practically no muscle tone (that's what the Alaskan winters will do to anyone, lol) this was the best pic I could find...

And here's a few recent ones, he's lost quite a bit of the chub and is starting to tone up nicely. I'm not trying to get him ripped or anything, but don't want a chubby dog either. lol

Pulling the tire. He had just stuck his head in his water bowl, so that's why he looks kinda scruffy... lol

On one of our hikes. He heard a squirrel... lol

And a super happy boy smile!

And here's our new baby, Sophie! Purebred AKC Chocolate Lab, we will be bringing her home next month!

Thanks for looking! :D

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
I was wondering whatever happened to that pup of yours, hows the pups doing? All healthy? Im sure your excited

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was wondering whatever happened to that pup of yours, hows the pups doing? All healthy? Im sure your excited
They are all doing great, and all are very healthy. The breeder already has them potty trained with newspaper in the whelping box! Their eyes are open, and they're just starting to hear now. The little girl that we picked is actually the breeder's pick of the litter, but she wants me to have her because she knows how I am with my dogs. :) So far, our little Sophie is the smartest out of all of them, and has very promising conformation. :) I wish time would go by faster so we could bring her home already!

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
They are all doing great, and all are very healthy. The breeder already has them potty trained with newspaper in the whelping box! Their eyes are open, and they're just starting to hear now. The little girl that we picked is actually the breeder's pick of the litter, but she wants me to have her because she knows how I am with my dogs. :) So far, our little Sophie is the smartest out of all of them, and has very promising conformation. :) I wish time would go by faster so we could bring her home already!
Sounds good, are you planning on showing or working her? I think you said something about what you were planning to do with her but i don't remember and cant find where you had mentioned, if you did. :rofl:

Looks like you may have lucked out with the pick, sounds like you'll have one of heck of a dog coming your way!

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
awww thanks for the pics. Bullet is so handsome! and Sophie is adorable, you must be super excited!!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Sounds good, are you planning on showing or working her? I think you said something about what you were planning to do with her but i don't remember and cant find where you had mentioned, if you did. :rofl:

Looks like you may have lucked out with the pick, sounds like you'll have one of heck of a dog coming your way!
I really wish I lived in a place where I could do some shows or competitions, but I'm on a little island in Alaska, so not much option for that here. Which is too bad, because these dogs are definitely show quality and would excel in any competition. That's the reason why the breeder was only going to do the one breeding they did almost 5 years ago, but they had such a high demand from people wanting one of their dogs that they decided to have one more breeding.

There's a chance that I might be moving down to the lower 48 sometime in the next few years, and if so I'm planning on doing some showing. While we are here, she will be a duck hunting dog, so she will have a purpose. :) I had a dog from the same parents as Sophie a few years ago (my you-know-what ex boyfriend took her from me) and she was an amazing duck dog, and I even started doing some dock jumping with her for fun. She was extremely driven, smart, and energetic, as were all of her brothers and sisters too, so I'm sure my new girl will be just as awesome. The dog I had before (Cocoa) was the breeder's pick of the litter, and so is Sophie. I had taught Cocoa over 30 different commands and tricks, but I swore that she could understand english, because I could tell her anything and she understood what I was telling her. She was amazing, and I miss her like crazy, she was the kind of dog you could literally teach anything to, and I just know Sophie will be the same way. Here's a picture of Cocoa just for fun...

awww thanks for the pics. Bullet is so handsome! and Sophie is adorable, you must be super excited!!
Thanks! And I am beyond excited! Luckily I get to go see them whenever I want, so it makes the waiting a little easier. :)

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Oh god I am such a sucker for a chocolate lab!! She is a doll and that picture of her is precious :) I love the English style labs and plan to own one before I can't keep up with one ;) And Bullet is just as handsome as ever :D

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I seen the new pup on FB, but OMG cuteness she is like a baby bear cub :)

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the pup is adorable!And Bullet is looking handsome as ever.It looks beautiful where you live
Thanks for the compliments :D and yes, it is beautiful here, but we get very few days that are actually sunny and nice. So we learn to appreciate those days. Right now it's been raining for almost 3 weeks straight, and it's starting to drive me a little nuts... lol :roll:

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Oh my goodness Sophie is so cute!! And that picture of Cocoa is amazing. I have a dog who understands English too. I swear, he just does what I tell him to.
And I always enjoy seeing pics of Bullet w/ his big 'ole tongue hanging out. :)

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Bullet is looking great. I love that big ol doggy smile :) OMG congrats on the new baby, she's absolutely adorable :) I can't wait for more pics :)

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bullet is looking great. I love that big ol doggy smile :) OMG congrats on the new baby, she's absolutely adorable :) I can't wait for more pics :)
I'll try to get some more pics of her up on here as soon as I can, but don't know when that will be... lol. I have a whole album full on Facebook though, surprised you haven't seen them yet! lol. It's easier to just post pics on there from my phone, because I can do that on the go. Takes a little more time to get them uploaded to photobucket and then onto here, but I'll try really hard, I promise! :)

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 15 of 15 Posts