Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried doing a search but couldn't find to much on this brand. I ran into someone last night who has a bully pit mix and he swears by Before Grain. He gives his boy half dry BG and half wet BG for food. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this brand? I was also wondering about the wet canned food, I have never heard one good thing about wet food.

I am currently trying different brands for my boys. Right now were finishing up a bag of Nutro Lamb adn Rice and it has seemed to work out so far. Might try the chicken next week to see how they handle that.

If anyone has any good receipes for homemade meals leave them on here too. I got one from Indigo which I am going to try out here real soon, still have to fully convince the girlfriend raw chicken wont kill our boys. Raw chicken from Publix ok? Or would you recommend a butcher shop?

Thanks in advanced guys. Posted some pictures of my boys online, take a look at em.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I tried doing a search but couldn't find to much on this brand. I ran into someone last night who has a bully pit mix and he swears by Before Grain. He gives his boy half dry BG and half wet BG for food. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this brand? I was also wondering about the wet canned food, I have never heard one good thing about wet food.

I am currently trying different brands for my boys. Right now were finishing up a bag of Nutro Lamb adn Rice and it has seemed to work out so far. Might try the chicken next week to see how they handle that.

If anyone has any good receipes for homemade meals leave them on here too. I got one from Indigo which I am going to try out here real soon, still have to fully convince the girlfriend raw chicken wont kill our boys. Raw chicken from Publix ok? Or would you recommend a butcher shop?

Thanks in advanced guys. Posted some pictures of my boys online, take a look at em.
I wanna learn more about this food myself.
As far as the wet question, its not that great but as something rotational or once a week its not THAT bad. Still not something I would use over Raw. I also cringed for a second when I saw you stated the person mixes both dry and wet,... not a good combo! Its like oil and water.

As far as recipes for Raw, just google it. I dont even use any recipes. I just use a certain meat in rotation. One day its chicken, one day its Tilapia, one day its Quail ( got a cheap source ), one day its Rabbit, and one day its Duck. I then add some fruits to the mix and thats that. I also use that in rotation with some TOTW dry in the evenings before we go on our last walk for the day. Then we have lots of exercise in the house playing with the kids and his flirt pole and such.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I live in Delaware and trust me, living here is nothing at all special so if I can get them you should. The Duck and Rabbit come from a butchers shop and the rest come from a Food Lion grocery store.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
K. Trying to find a butcher around me but everything is so commercialized. What happened to mom and pop's stores? Guess they moved overseas along with the "middle class", jobs, and money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts