Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking more and more at all the pictures of the real apbt,and their body structures...

I am really starting to think Beia is the real thing. But I want another opinion(visual wise)

My roomie insists she is a Shepard mix,cause of her color and ears.

But she is only 34 lbs and almost 10 months now.

And just so he gets some love too. Here is Bruno doing his best Kangol impression.(yes he is asleep)

Sitting on the roomie

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Seriously? Shepherd mix? Has your roomie ever seen a shepherd? That little girl looks like an APBT to me. If anything she might have SBT blood in her but you know how this works. No papers no certainty. If that little dog is a shepherd mix I'll go heave.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Seriously? Shepherd mix? Has your roomie ever seen a shepherd? That little girl looks like an APBT to me. If anything she might have SBT blood in her but you know how this works. No papers no certainty. If that little dog is a shepherd mix, I'll go heave.
Lmao. I second this remark :) love that lil girl! I want to see her in 2 weeks!

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK!

She's a little pain in the butt now. But I love her. She looks more APBT then Bruno.

refresh my memory,cause it's late SBT?

Is that like SBD(hehehe)

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Staffordshire Bull Terrier.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Appearance wise its hard to say, especially given that in "true form" the APBT wasn't breed for a looks standard as much as a drive standard. I could see your girl being mixed, with what who knows.

Also depends on your definition of the "real thing" and APBT's. If you truly want to go with the make up of the "real deal" than no, if anything you have a pet bull.

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I don't think you quite got what i meant XD

I should have been more specific. I mean being more APBT then American Bully/Shepard mix.

Beia has some crazy drive,and I am going to have to work on her focusing on me.
Right now she is ok dog wise,but anything small,she barks like crazy,and tries to go after it.

She is going to be real good in agility,she is super fast. I have to start working on her recall,so she doesn't just take off,and leave me in the dust. haha

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wonder if she will get any stockier. Bruno wasn't fully wide.stocky till about 2 1/2 3 years old.

but I think that she does look like that dog you posted!

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
That's also a male and females tend to run smaller. But yeah they don't start to fill out until about 2-3 years old. So right now she's still growing.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
I don't see shepherd at all either. But she sure is a cutie :)

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They keep telling me that all brindle pits have Shepard in them,that is how they get the color.

I honestly want to know where she is getting her info. LOL

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
They keep telling me that all brindle pits have Shepard in them,that is how they get the color.

I honestly want to know where she is getting her info. LOL
I am blown away by that statement. In that case there are countless [] and show champions who are in fact, shepherd mixes! There are two shepherd mix SBTs sleeping at my feet right now!

Where do people come up with this stuff?

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
a few of my bullys have a ton of drive and energy to boot ,hard to tell without papers I personally dont see shephard but when one trait is stronger then another in a dog with mix breeds you can have it look more towards one breed. She deff looks bully to me and by that I mean Staffy,APBT, Am bully ect could be any of those or a mix , who knows. She is very good looking though.

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am blown away by that statement. In that case there are countless [] and show champions who are in fact, shepherd mixes! There are two shepherd mix SBTs sleeping at my feet right now!

Where do people come up with this stuff?
I have no idea..Maybe on the cap of a sobe bottle?

Seriously, though, they were dead serious too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts