Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I think I already know the answer to this. But just for the amusement of others....

I keep getting told,daily might I add. That Beia is to small for her breed,and that I need to feed her more veggies,cause I am stunting her growth.

I have started my dogs on a raw diet,and they took to it quite well actually. I do not feel the need to feed them veggies,which I thought were bad for them :/

Beia is about 8 months old now,and 34 lbs. She is about 1/2 the size of Bruno,and female.

She looks fine to me.... What to you all say? I keep getting told she is German shepard/pit mix.....But I think she's just a pitty.
Her she is with Bruno(55lbs) and Kush(85-90lbs)

This was taken last week. She's with a Chocolate Lab puppy. Beia is older then the lab Puppy.(and yes,Beia looks like she's mad,but she was actually having a great time. LOL)

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Not feeding veggies has nothing to do with her being short. She doesn't look that short to me anyway. As for the veggies, you will always get mixed answers from different RAW feeders, but roughage helps with the digestion process. They are only beneficial to a dog if pureed though. I puree them and freeze in ice cube trays.

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah. Bruno and Beia eat grass,I thought that was good enough to help their digestion.
I shall think over the veggies. But I'm not sure she needs them.

vets obviously do not approve of this raw food diet.

·
+ Young buck human puppy
1,832 Posts
Some dogs are just small, Stage was resuced as a young dog starved his whole life, a few hours away from death and hes a very big APBT. Nothing stunts their growth IMO they are going to get as big as they get.

Reactions: pitbullmamanatl

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Yeah. Bruno and Beia eat grass,I thought that was good enough to help their digestion.
I shall think over the veggies. But I'm not sure she needs them.

vets obviously do not approve of this raw food diet.

No vets do not usually agree with feeding RAW, but that is because most are paid by companies like Science Diet to push their crap. Most vets know very little about animal nutrition and Deb will tell you that in a heartbeat.

Fruit and vegetables are packed with nutrients and should make up 10-15% of the total diet. Vegetable sources include:
• Spinach
• Celery
• Cabbage
• Broccoli
• Cauliflower
• Carrots

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Some dogs are just small, Stage was resuced as a young dog starved his whole life, a few hours away from death and hes a very big APBT. Nothing stunts their growth IMO they are going to get as big as they get.
Yupp, I agree! Genetics is the biggest determining factor in the size of your dog. They are either going to be big or they are going to be on the smaller side. It is what it is. Didn't you rescue Beia?

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, that's why I posted this for the lolz.

It was more the veggie question,cause for some reason I thought dogs could not eat certain ones.

I know what Beia is,I laugh when ppl tell me otherwise. And......Shepard.... she would be WAY bigger if she was mixed with that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.