Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We had a blast this weekend! Sofie took a 3rd, 2nd, and 2 Best Junior awards. Rhodie had no class male competition day 1, so he just trotted around the breed ring. The Grand was picked for BOB/Group 1 in both shows. The judges told me I needed to get him moving faster, because he's being lazy with his hind end, just like his uncle. (The one judge co-owns his uncle) Same with stacking. Sometimes he nails it, sometimes he gets lazy and slouches. I need to train him a lot more! (Yup- you do have to train for the show ring.) Day 2, he had competition, and took a best male! That's one out of 3 wins towards his CH title!! The second show that day, the judge picked a very coarse, bully male over Rhodie, which was kind of poopy. It happens sometimes, even after they have given Bullies their own breed and class. meh! 2 wins to go! Sofie was a big help with the camera, and is really getting good with it!
A girl and her dog:

Best of Breed ring:

Sofie took this pic!

·
Super Moderator
5,331 Posts
Congratulations to Sophie and Rhodie! Those pictures speak volume's, the cutest handler I have ever seen for sure. Thanks for the update and for taking the time to share those wonderful pictures with us. Get off your duff Rhodie!, LOL.

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
Congrats awsome Junior handling skills

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tell you, these two are quite the combination! Rhodie is so gentle with the kids, and Sofie is really coming into her own in the ring.

The first show, after not showing since February, she and Rhodie were a little rusty. The judge, the beloved Tina Camp, is SO GOOD with the kids! She was talking about the "sandwich," where the dog is ALWAYS between the handler and the judge! Well, then she walks behind all the dogs while they are stacking. The other handlers circled their dogs, but dear, dear Sofie.. LOL. Tina was talking right behind her, reminding about the sandwich.. and Sofie is faithfully holding Rhodie still and just focused right on him. hahaha. Tina got louder and louder about the Sandwich... finally had to take Sofie by the shoulders and move her. LMAO. She remembered after that! Every show, every judge, she takes something new away from the ring. <3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts