Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just took these this afternoon and for once she cooperated by staying still. I was really happy with the way these pics came out so I figured I would share them with you all :D Bella just turned 8 months and is just shy of 50 lbs. I was thinking of showing her. She would be a "classic" bully I believe by ABKC standards. I would love some input on her and appreciate honesty :) If she isn't a good show prospect then she will just stay my pet and constant companion. Thanks all :roll:

MUSCLE GIRL :D

THANKS FOR LOOKING!!!!

·
Registered
471 Posts
She is a beautiful dog =D She kind of has the body style of my Izzo , except Izzo is a little shorter .. good luck with her . I know nothing about showing so I cant really give my opinion on it .

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
Good luck- pretty girl. Nice rear legs lol.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Have you considered trying her out in the ukc? just my opinion but from what i see i think she has a chance.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Nice free stack! She's looking great!

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
she looks great!! i also think she would do great in UKC :D

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the kind words. I wasn't expecting all great feed back :) makes me feel good :D lol! She is UKC registered as well as ABKC. Her lines are RE/watchdog/ knowlwood/grapevine and she is a direct grandaughter off of Quake and great grandaughter to RE biggie amongst some other great bullies in her ped. She does have alot of staff blood/ ruffian blood in her from her dads side. And yes Sadie, after being crate rested for the soft tissue injury she had from knuckling over she is so done with her crate Lol! Poor girl. She is doing great though as you can see :)

By you guys suggesting the UKC you saying she looks more staff right.......would she not pass for a "classic" bully?

·
Registered
780 Posts
By you guys suggesting the UKC you saying she looks more staff right.......would she not pass for a "classic" bully?
I wouldnt say more staffy,i just simply think overall her build is more on the UKC side than ABKC Classic.She has nice conformation from what i can tell,i just personally believe she lacks the overall structure and mass of a "classic" bully.Again im no real pro thats just my 2cents based off what ive learned.I really do think she would do great in the UKC though.She is a beautiful girl and i wish yall the best of luck.:)

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
I wouldnt say more staffy,i just simply think overall her build is more on the UKC side than ABKC Classic.She has nice conformation from what i can tell,i just personally believe she lacks the overall structure and mass of a "classic" bully.Again im no real pro thats just my 2cents based off what ive learned.I really do think she would do great in the UKC though.She is a beautiful girl and i wish yall the best of luck.:)
I agree:goodpost: I would try UKC, the ABKC standard is much different. The guy B-Town Bullies just won Classic and you can see his dog's structure much different than your girl. By the way her rear legs are amazing looking for only 8 months that's so impressive, I can't wait to see her develop :)

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I agree:goodpost: I would try UKC, the ABKC standard is much different. The guy B-Town Bullies just won Classic and you can see his dog's structure much different than your girl. By the way her rear legs are amazing looking for only 8 months that's so impressive, I can't wait to see her develop :)
Thanks u guys. Its all hand walking and we both workout alot :D she has a very nice rear end lol! Strong and well built ;)

However, now I am confused as hell as to what category she fits into. Her ped says bully but she does have alot of staff blood. I was told before by others on here that she should be registered with ABKC and that she is more classic bully. So I have her dual registered now. She is only 8 months and has alot more filling out to do so is it fair to say she won't fit into the ABKC as a classic bully?

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Thanks u guys. Its all hand walking and we both workout alot :D she has a very nice rear end lol! Strong and well built ;)

However, now I am confused as hell as to what category she fits into. Her ped says bully but she does have alot of staff blood. I was told before by others on here that she should be registered with ABKC and that she is more classic bully. So I have her dual registered now. She is only 8 months and has alot more filling out to do so is it fair to say she won't fit into the ABKC as a classic bully?
Not every dog with a Bully ped is going to be show quality you know what I mean? take a look at photos from shows around the country, the dogs winning have very Bully features, or you can see the standard for each class but papers or bully names don't really mean the dog will qualify in the show. A lot of the pet quality Bullies have scatterbred pedigrees and just one long legged dog in the pedigree can throw it all off. Look at Bernie's ped, his Dam's side threw it off completely.

American Bully Online Pedigree

Reactions: Firehazard

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
Not every dog with a Bully ped is going to be show quality you know what I mean? take a look at photos from shows around the country, the dogs winning have very Bully features, or you can see the standard for each class but papers or bully names don't really mean the dog will qualify in the show. A lot of the pet quality Bullies have scatterbred pedigrees and just one long legged dog in the pedigree can throw it all off. Look at Bernie's ped, his Dam's side threw it off completely.

American Bully Online Pedigree
nicely said :goodpost:
also depends on UKC or ABKC.
some bullies will do very well in the ukc but now abkc and vice versa.
i would think with your girl UKC would be the way to go

·
Registered
776 Posts
try her in some of the ukc shows now and if she fills out more then you have a better shot switchin over .. but hell exp is great to have , take her to a few of each ! if you ask the judges they will tell you what they see and you can make a decision based on that !

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
I agree.. I would go UKC with her. She may be a bully, but she looks more like a UKC APBT. I don't see (at this point) any bully qualities that would stand out in the ABKC ring. Not a bad thing, of course.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the input everyone. She doesn't seem very bully to me either but after posting her ped on here I was told she was bully. Her ped has alot of well known RE bullies in it. We had a debate in an older thread I posted because a guy said she was pit not bully it was the "dude said i had a pit bull...not a bully" thread lol! Whatever she is don't matter to me and I know alot of dogs aren't show quality but I just wanted opinions on her. There is a UKC show coming up here in the Boston area June 4 & 5th so I will see what I decide. She maybe in heat by then and I don't think showing a dog in heat is a good idea....nor would I do that anyways lol!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.