Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girl turned 8 months yesterday and I went to the Pet store today to get her some food and decided maybe it was time for her to start on adult? Ive heard so many different stories but wanted to hear what you all think. Is there and difference with it being a pit? And if anybody wants to know I bought her Blue Wilderness. I had been feeding her regular blue puppy until about a month ago when they came out with the Wilderness puppy forumla.

Thanks for the info!

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
My girl turned 8 months yesterday and I went to the Pet store today to get her some food and decided maybe it was time for her to start on adult? Ive heard so many different stories but wanted to hear what you all think. Is there and difference with it being a pit? And if anybody wants to know I bought her Blue Wilderness. I had been feeding her regular blue puppy until about a month ago when they came out with the Wilderness puppy forumla.

Thanks for the info!
8 months is a little too early, i would wait until about 10 months then if you want to you can switch her over. Everyone has a different opinion on when the switch is needed however i have always done so by 11 months or so without any issues in development or health.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
I personally feed an all-stages food, but when I fed regular-type food I always made the switch at 1 year.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
My girl now and my last male I had all ate adult food as pups without any issues or lack of development. JMO :)

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Feed all stages. It really isn't that big of a deal. I've never fed puppy food to any pups I have had.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
You can switch when the pup starts to pack a little weight on when they have been the same amount of food. That means their metabolism has changed and they can go to adult with lower protein and fat. Or you can switch around 10 months. I am not a fan of all stage food as pups, adults, and seniors all have different nutritional needs. This is JMPO ;)

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
No need to mix food IMO that can cause a picky eater and if you have a dog who is sensitive find a food that works and stick to it. When switching to adult from puppy you can start mixing it to help them get use to it then gradually go on to the adult food.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts