Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
SRK's Hero Of War CGC
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any suggestions on what would be fairly cheap yet very reliable? I have yet to buy one as I don't know what to look for. =/

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Reactions: PatienceFlame

·
SRK's Hero Of War CGC
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks ames, omg my friend gave me the same link. =3 I will just sit and see if anyone else chimes in, if not I will give it a shot ;)

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Save your money and buy a mac :) you'll never have to worry about viruses

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
eset nod 32 or eset smart security

then id reccomend also getting malware bytes antimalware

and then comodo free firewall. havent had a virus issue with my computer yet since i've been using those three..

i wouldnt get a mac to expensive, i can build my own computer and know how to protect it :p

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
I second AVG

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Well I own a Mac but I use bootcamp and run windows on my mac so I do use AVG and think it's the best Anti-Virus software out there. As far as mac and viruses I have never had any. I am sure you have people making viruses for mac but we are no where near targeted like Pc users.

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
eset nod 32 or eset smart security

then id reccomend also getting malware bytes antimalware

and then comodo free firewall. havent had a virus issue with my computer yet since i've been using those three..

i wouldnt get a mac to expensive, i can build my own computer and know how to protect it :p
Macs are pricey but you need to add the price of the yearly subscription of the antivirus software. Even anti-virus doesn't stop them, my father in law had it and his computer became infected and became unusable, I got him to get an IMac and he hasn't had an issue yet. also, unless you are a wiz that can do your own file backups and doing your own reimaging this will be very costly. Maybe initially the Mac will be expensive but it will pay for it self at the end, plus you get a free one year support warranty and can get it fixed anytime. With pcs you have to call a help desk in another country and it is a pain in the butt to get your computer fixed. I dealt with pcs since I was 14 and I can tell you that it feels great not running weekly spyware scans ore virus scans :) I have a Mac book pro and an iPad2, I couldn't be happier with them.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
David not to mention the buggy Microsoft OS operating systems that cost 500+ LMFAO!!! No freaking thank you speaking of OS I will be upgrading to Lion OSX for 29.00! Can't beat that.... Macs are expensive but their Customer Support/ Hardware is superior to anything else I have ever owned or had to deal with. I also have an Ipad 2 and a macbook pro. And I have always had great experiences with apple products.

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
David not to mention the buggy Microsoft OS operating systems that cost 500+ LMFAO!!! No freaking thank you speaking of OS I will be upgrading to Lion OSX for 29.00! Can't beat that.... Macs are expensive but their Customer Support/ Hardware is superior to anything else I have ever owned or had to deal with. I also have an Ipad 2 and a macbook pro. And I have always had great experiences with apple products.
Yeah the retail customer service is excellent :) :clap: my Mac never freezes and I never need to open the task manager to force quit apps like I do with pcs lol

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Yeah and Virus Software slows down a machine ... I love not having to run it on my mac. I only use boot camp for certain programs that's it!

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
Apple users make me laugh... i own A iPod, thats it.. dont even use the thing...

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Avast is a great free antivirus...

Apple user's make me laugh because they pay ridiculous amounts of monies to buy something and only use it for stuff my 200 dollar phone can do.

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
All I have to say is that once you buy an Apple you will never go back to PC :)

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
haha.. riiiight.. anyways, this isnt about Mac vs PC .. its about virus programs.. as far as free programs go, you cant beat AVG

if you can find avg 9.0 online anywhere i have a key that will activate it till 2018.. lol

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
haha.. riiiight.. anyways, this isnt about Mac vs PC .. its about virus programs.. as far as free programs go, you cant beat AVG

if you can find avg 9.0 online anywhere i have a key that will activate it till 2018.. lol
I've had much better luck with Avast.. Think it's superior, the auto update is a lot more seamless and seems to do a better job notifying me of threats.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts