Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I whan`t to give my pit pupp the BEST of the BEST dryfood there is cost aside.... I have been thinking of Olivers, Acana or orijen... but can`t really diside... I`m alitle skeptic about orijen tho the ultra high protein content....
So what´s the BEST ? I`m going to start him at a dryfood when his like 7-8 weeks....

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
I wouldn't do orijen because of the higher protein right now but I would go with acana or blue buffalo wilderness. I think orijen and acana are the best of the best though :) I never heard of Olivers? Wellness core and natures variety grain free also are great foods.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Quality wise Orijen or Acana (owned by Champion.. same company that puts out Orijen) is going to be the "best" out there, or at least in the top 5%.. Now with that said Orijen isn't a dog food for every dog because of the high protein, diets like this should be reserved for working dogs.. That or dogs that will be heavily exercised daily. Acana would be a great option.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know you can avoid much illness and lifestyle problems with like paws and ears and so on.... with a quality food. and I whan`t to start out the puppy on the best...
I have considered raw but it`s to much work to get it like I whan`t it.
Orijen might be an option when the dog gets like 16-18 months and I start to exercise him hard but not in the begining...

So Acana is top notch

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
I fed Kane Taste of the Wild Sierra Mountain formula (around 25% protein) until he was 11 months and then switched him over to Orijen Regional Red.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Which of the acana formulas is best for pit pup from 8 weeks to about 9-12 months.... puppy, large breed puppy or maby grassland....

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
we feed orijen and have since the day we bring them home with great results. I would go with orijen or Acana.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Just get regular puppy food. Pit bulls are not large breed dogs ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nah I know they ain`t big but I thought the formula might be a good choice for optimal growth and healthy joints....

·
Registered
55 Posts
ever heard of black wood 2000?? good stuff man i don't know were all it goes to,but its made here in columbia, thats what i feed diesel :thumbsup:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ever heard of black wood 2000?? good stuff man i don't know were all it goes to,but its made here in columbia, thats what i feed diesel :thumbsup:
Never heard of it, but seams good when you read about it.. but I cant buy it were I live...
Acana I can get hold of but I`m a litle skeptik about all the herbs...

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
I have personal experience with Evo and Blue Wilderness the salmon grain free formula both 6 star premium foods. So I can recommend them ...

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
skepticism went out awhile ago.. you cant dispute proven results that have been shared here...

righteously, youve got to understand the metabolism difference in each dog before making a decision on what is best for your dog..

ever think about a raw diet??

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well putting my 2 cents in I LOVE LOVE LOVE Acana Pacifica. We tried Diamond, BB, Loyall and then the Acana. We have 2 rescues that havent had an issue with food butwhen we bought our blue she started having skin issues. We eliminated almost everything.....then she got Parvo. After coming back to eating she wanted nothing to do with Acana. We then started Natures Balance Duck and potato with a scoop of wet same type with it. She loves it. I will say with the Acana we tried to put a few kibbles in water to soften them for her and it took a good 3 hrs before it would budge. It is pure and the meat content is awesome.....I wish she like it again the other dogs will go with anything....but Isis is spoiled and picky

·
Registered
76 Posts
Herbs are awesome as long as you know what ones. My blue pup came down with Parvo and the vet had her on antibiotics and chemical meds....plus we were doing subq fluids....she wasnt getting better. So we went with the herbal holistic med and noticed a change in 3 hrs.....herbs are good for dogs just like humans.....chemicals are horrible

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
HeavyJeep: I just dont like foods with alot ingredienses that I don`t know why or what longterm effekts they have and I`m a person who dosent like to give our eat stuff for prevention on a daylie basis.... thats just my concern....
But on the other hand I`m no expert and I dont know whats best for a dog and expecialy a puppy to give the best posible start..

Raw is to much work and to much can go wrong expecialy with a pup...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts