Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am new here and am now a proud owner of a 10 week American bully (not one of those hippo/inbreed down syndrome dogs) but a nice healthy pup. Bought her from a registered kennel and have papers and the pedigree ........ but I seem to be stumped on which puppy food.

I was thinking about blue Buffalo but am not sure? If anyone wouldn't mind helping me out with some good puppy chows I'd greatly appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I dont believe blue buffalo is a great food, if you go that route go with blue buffalo wilderness. Other great quality foods include, Acana, Orijen although they are on the pricey side. If you are looking at blue buffalo a better option would be to go with taste of the wild . If you use the search at the top and type in food rate chart it should come up and gives a list of quality foods in there.

·
Registered
43 Posts
^^ yeah you are right,it isn't "great" but it is good.

And on that Pet Food Rating Comparison Chart thread you're talkin about, some of that food is junk compared to Blue Buffalo.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
lol @ the recall

·
Registered
3 Posts
HELP!!! I need a good brand of dog food

I'm new and I have a 4month old American Bully with papers! I have had her at the vet almost weekly because she has had constant problems with her food, and she has constant diherra. I had her on Diamond dog food, which i was told isn't the best and to get her off of it. Today she had blood in her poop so to the vet we went. The vet has her on a prescription diet for the next week. She recommended science diet, pro plan and another brand (can't remember the name). Can anyone recommend either one of these brands? I just want my pup to feel better she has 3 weeks worth of antibiotics just to get her to have normal poop. She also tested negative for parasites,worms etc. Any bit of information will be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
794 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ppreciate that link. I was thinking about going raw but was scared for my dogs health with bacteria viruses and parasites

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,563 Posts
I'm new and I have a 4month old American Bully with papers! I have had her at the vet almost weekly because she has had constant problems with her food, and she has constant diherra. I had her on Diamond dog food, which i was told isn't the best and to get her off of it. Today she had blood in her poop so to the vet we went. The vet has her on a prescription diet for the next week. She recommended science diet, pro plan and another brand (can't remember the name). Can anyone recommend either one of these brands? I just want my pup to feel better she has 3 weeks worth of antibiotics just to get her to have normal poop. She also tested negative for parasites,worms etc. Any bit of information will be greatly appreciated!!!
science diet is crap. i think the first or second ingredient is corn. someone on here, i think it was KMdogs, pointed out that a lot of vets recommend sciencediet because they are paid to. go to a feed store or tractor supply store and find a good food that is grain free. from my experience, its the corn and other fillers that cause problems. blue buffalo wilderness and TotW are cost friendly and then acana and orijen are top notch.

·
Super Moderator
4,656 Posts
Currently on nitro natural large breed puppy formula Lamb and brown rice. Thoughts?
Large breed is Rotti, Mastiff, Great Dane...
APBT, Am Bully, and Am Staff are not large breed dogs.

Natural Choice by Nutro isn't too bad. My Mom fed her dog that for years. I prefer TOTW, but Ecko has a lot of food allergies so I am limited to the foods I can feed him.

·
Registered
3 Posts
See my dog has such a sensitive stomach the only thing working right now is her prescribed dog food. Its called MRX Hills Canine I/D it's the stomach problems and it has been great so far. I'm just so scared what her body will do once I switch her to another brand. I've heard pro pac is good. Anyone tried that or have any good things to say about that brand????

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Large breed is Rotti, Mastiff, Great Dane...
APBT, Am Bully, and Am Staff are not large breed dogs.

Natural Choice by Nutro isn't too bad. My Mom fed her dog that for years. I prefer TOTW, but Ecko has a lot of food allergies so I am limited to the foods I can feed him.
I thought it was by the weight of the dog. Over 50 pounds is
a large breed? And yeah I bought it cause it had good reviews but as she is growing I think she will need a more nutritious kibble. Ill look into totw!

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,563 Posts
I thought it was by the weight of the dog. Over 50 pounds is
a large breed? And yeah I bought it cause it had good reviews but as she is growing I think she will need a more nutritious kibble. Ill look into totw!
I agree with Ecko, i really like TotW. and im not completely sure but when they talk about large breed they mean overall size. if u put a 60lb pit next to a 60lb rottie, the rottie is over all bigger as far as bone structure goes.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I agree with Ecko, i really like TotW. and im not completely sure but when they talk about large breed they mean overall size. if u put a 60lb pit next to a 60lb rottie, the rottie is over all bigger as far as bone structure goes.
Link to the puppy chow your talking about?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts