Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, took Beulah (along with the other two... old dog stayed home) to the dog park today which was, I assume, her first time. She had an absolute blast running through the water, up the hills, digging after mice.. the whole 9 yards. Also did really well with all the other random dogs there too which really made me happy (I was a bit nervous as I haven't really had her around many other dogs). Her first camping trip is the end of this month which I am also super stoked for. Enjoy the pics!

also, that was just some random lady and her dogs that my pooches wanted to hang out with haha. and that kong is only a day old :/

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With all the information out there on dog parks and these breeds and you go anyway? ive been up 20 hours so i dont have it in me to make a long point..

Dog parks = setting your dog up for failure.
yup. with the start of the camp season coming up in two weeks she is going to be surrounded by other dogs regardless of whether she is at a park, up camping, or just going around town with me

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts

In all seriousness, I hope nothing bad happens. Prepare for the onslaught nonetheless!

Reactions: Xiahko

·
Registered
546 Posts
....well....it doesn't matter if camping season is coming up or not it is your responsibility to keep your dog controlled. For her safety and the safety of other dogs. If somebody else's dog causes a problem chances are that your dog will be blamed for it...just sayin...

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts

Reactions: Black Rabbit

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Dog parks and fighting breeds do not mix well. Keep your dog away from strange dogs, your dog wont start the fight but it will finish it.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
yup. with the start of the camp season coming up in two weeks she is going to be surrounded by other dogs regardless of whether she is at a park, up camping, or just going around town with me
we camp and it in no means means that our dogs are gonna be swarmed with other dogs, when people camp they keep there dog contained to there site or area and away from mine. You are asking for trouble here and your mistake is gonna reflect on the rest of our dogs and thats not fair. Its not alwys your dog you have to worry about starting something its the other peoples dogs { I have had a few attacks by offleash dogs on different occassions} and if another dog starts it who do you think is gonna finish it , and becasue of the breed your dog will be put at fault regardless of which dog attacked or started problems 1st. By allowing your dog to be in situations like this you are putting him at risk for euthanization and the rest of the pitbull owners at risk of facing BSL. owning this breed comes with responsibility and avoiding situations that dog parks present is one of them.

Reactions: Black Rabbit

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Every camp ground around here prohibit's off leash dogs. Except for the people who's "lil fefe wouldn't hurt anything" Those people are "always" exempt...

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Ever see two teenage boys play wrestle, then it escalates when pride gets in the way. This is what can and will happen. When another dog wants to play but jumps on your dogs back or neck, it is game on. Who's fault will it be? 100% yours. Your dog will suffer the consequences and you will get on here and and ask for sympathy for your plight. Smart men look 2 steps ahead and figure out problems before they happen.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Ever see two teenage boys play wrestle, then it escalates when pride gets in the way. This is what can and will happen. When another dog wants to play but jumps on your dogs back or neck, it is game on. Who's fault will it be? 100% yours. Your dog will suffer the consequences and you will get on here and and ask for sympathy for your plight. Smart men look 2 steps ahead and figure out problems before they happen.
:goodpost:

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
I take Lina to the dog park at least once a week. She likes barking a lot and running with the other dogs there, but she does not get aggressive and attack. Even in the very rare case that she would, I always have a squirt bottle nearby. You'd be very surprised how dogs snap out of what they're doing when they get hit with water, especially Lina. Her not liking to get wet plays to my favor.

There have been other APBTs and Amstaffs there without a problem. So if you're not spoda take your dog to the dog park, how does one socialize their dog?

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Popcorn, get ya popcorn here!

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
i will only take my dogs to the dog park if there is nobody there.. its much bigger than my backyard and they love running around all crazy... if i see someone there i keep driving and go back home..

·
Registered
151 Posts
Maybe nothing will happen, but why would you take that risk.. Its like driving drunk, im sure you can drive after a few beers but you never know if someone is going to hit you or your tailight is out then guess what.. you get a DUI. Your breaking one of the golden rules, one of the ten comandments! never trust your dog not to fight! these are pitbulls not labs. They were made to fight...

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Maybe nothing will happen, but why would you take that risk.. Its like driving drunk, im sure you can drive after a few beers but you never know if someone is going to hit you or your tailight is out then guess what.. you get a DUI. Your breaking one of the golden rules, one of the ten comandments! never trust your dog not to fight! these are pitbulls not labs. They were made to fight...
I know what youre trying to say here and I agree. But can you be more careful how you word it?

My neighbors, on each side of my house, have LABs and they both will rush the fence barring their teeth if I am out there with Etnie.

Again, I know what point youre trying to say but it just doesnt sound good the way you said it.

EDIT- They actually have two labs each. which is funny because one of them each has an agressive one and the other rubs up against the fence and wants me to pet them. Its weird, its like the same neighbors and dogs on each side of the house.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I know what youre trying to say here and I agree. But can you be more careful how you word it?

My neighbors, on each side of my house, have LABs and they both will rush the fence barring their teeth if I am out there with Etnie.

Again, I know what point youre trying to say but it just doesnt sound good the way you said it.

EDIT- They actually have two labs each. which is funny because one of them each has an agressive one and the other rubs up against the fence and wants me to pet them. Its weird, its like the same neighbors and dogs on each side of the house.
lol sry l4n4, seems right to me, what do mean? ill change it

1 - 20 of 38 Posts