Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, Good Evening!! I need some help, my bigboy got some red bumps all over and I don't know what to do to help him feel better. I don't know if is poison ivy or a rash, but I do know I afraid to touch him because I don't wnat to get sick and I got college final next week. The vet is closed til next week. Can i give him a little of Benadryl, maybe??.. Any ideas, please anyone....thanks guys...:(

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
Yes you can try some benadryl.. be sure to follow dosage instructions.. let me find those and i'll post here.

Also, welcome to the pack. Sorry you had to join us on these circumstances, but hopefully you'll stick around for a while.

ETA: http://www.gopitbull.com/health-nutrition/32068-benadryl-dogs.html
There's the sticky under our Health and Nutrition section, the first post on that thread will give you the information needed.

Also, if you're scared to touch your dog, then put on some rubber gloves like you would use for cleaning the bathroom with, and make sure to wash your clothes and hands very good after wards.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
awesome post Bev, and welcome to GP new member, I answered your porfile message, I hope it helps. If it is poison Ivy you need some Calamine Lotion and an e-collar, lol. Good Luck, let us know how things go

1 - 4 of 4 Posts