Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few things are troubling like so called dog fighting equipment which we all know is just ways to exercise your dogs. I have no issues with a big yard or dogs being chained but no food and water with rusted Barrels as a make do shelter for some dogs isn't a well cared for yard. What really troubles me the mention in the video at the end of the story that they are taking the DNA of the dogs in order to trace the bloodlines in hopes of targeting other owners. That's a giant leap IMO. No one has control over what happens to a dog with another handler. You can assume but that's all it is. Should it be able to be a catalyst to investigations? Or is if profiling in a sense?

Sad story none the less hope these pups are given a chance at a happier life than living in their own waste. http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/26/justice/alabama-dog-fight-ring/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Sent from Petguide.com App

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Don't believe everything you hear in the news about these "massive dog fighting operations"..

Just sayin'...

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exactly! That's what I am saying who am I to know anything about what happens on another yard. I need more proof than scars equipment and some chains. It does sound like neglect but I'm not there to judge that either.

Or you mean specifically in regards to the DNA aspect of the claim? You don't buy them doing that?

Reactions: KMdogs

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Exactly! That's what I am saying who am I to know anything about what happens on another yard. I need more proof than scars equipment and some chains. It does sound like neglect but I'm not there to judge that either.

Or you mean specifically in regards to the DNA aspect of the claim? You don't buy them doing that?

:rofl: Come on Ames, you know i don't buy anything.. :stick:

Many of those dogs are in good shape, some had some dead weight,, chain weight,, others maybe a little thin.. Didn't see one lookin "starving", "dehydrated'.. Houses looked fine so did chain spots..

The whole DNA thing.. You know its bullshit, i know its bullshit and anyone with a trace of smarts will know its bullshit..

Idiots... :stick:

Reactions: ames

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
I have a question of logic here... What good would a starved and tortured dog be in a fight?

The other question is how much better off are those dogs now that they are in a tiny concrete cage being cared for by people who often see pit bulls as vermin? I don't know how trusting I am of a system who confiscates dog and then euthanizes them because they say they cannot be retrained for good, because a dog who has killed another animal cannot ever be trusted again.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
185 Posts
I believe that more than likely the hsus will put the dogs down and feed the general public some crap about they were fighting dogs and can't be trusted and so on and so on and also I'm pretty sure they will see a healthy dog that's conditioned and label them as starving

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
A few things are troubling like so called dog fighting equipment which we all know is just ways to exercise your dogs. I have no issues with a big yard or dogs being chained but no food and water with rusted Barrels as a make do shelter for some dogs isn't a well cared for yard. What really troubles me the mention in the video at the end of the story that they are taking the DNA of the dogs in order to trace the bloodlines in hopes of targeting other owners. That's a giant leap IMO. No one has control over what happens to a dog with another handler. You can assume but that's all it is. Should it be able to be a catalyst to investigations? Or is if profiling in a sense?

Sad story none the less hope these pups are given a chance at a happier life than living in their own waste. Feds: Busted dogfighters earn spot in 'lowest places in hell' - CNN.com

Yeah? Remember what I said about the HSUS and their hyperbolic bull****? Well take a look at that video , did you SEE a " rusted barrel" in the video? Did you SEE and emaciated dog in that video?Did you SEE a dog "living in it's own waste"? Did you SEE a dog without water? Seems like those five gallon tubs etc. in the HSUS video just might contain water.

And the HSUS would have put it on video if it had been there. Tell ya what Ames , in more than 4 decades with these dogs I have YET to EVER see someone utilise a metal barrel as a doghouse.

And plastic barrels , well if that's " improvised" then why are there a variety of kits available in the ads in *mainline* dog magazines for a variety of prices to convert plastic barrels into doghouses? Along with of course thousands of hounds and sled dogs in a wide variety of locales that are kept on the EXACT same sort of chainrigs with the EXACT same doghouses.

What do you want a dog kept in , a leaky crap manufactured plastic doghouse like the common RuffHouse or junk knockoff " Dogloos" or a barrel that doesn't leak , is well nigh unchewable etc?

And lets address the DNA thing , anyone here REALLY think that there is a SINGLE one of these dogs be it APBT or AmStaff , ADBA , AADR , Bonafide , UKC or AKC or other registry that *CAN'T* be " traced to a fighting dog"?

If ANYONE believes that one I'm quite willing to hand down a bit of a history lesson for them , because all you have to do is go BACK far enough genetically speaking.

Again the video was the very same hyperbolic ***bulls*** *** that the HSUS runs on the public EVERY time they do this , in an effort to make themselves look good and pander for public attention and more donations.

A half million dollars on a match? SINCE WHEN?????????? That's a crock of hyperbole too , and closely related to the demonisation of *anybody* who would rather keep cash than play with plastic and predatory banks and credit card companies. And THAT extends further than just dogs , try flying with 5 grand in cash sometime and see what sort of questions you have to answer if you get secondaried by TSA , and don't attempt to argue that one with me , since I *know* that one by direct personal experience coming through Reid-HartzsField outa Atlanta.

I've been fielding phone calls on this crap for the last 24 hours , not a SINGLE banged up dog , not a SINGLE individual caught in the box , nothing whatsoever except " Oh MY doggies on CHAINs , Oh My Doggies with BaRRels for doghouses".....................NOTHING.

And concern for the dogs my half breed ass , some of the best blood in the country will once again be dead within days , because " Oh MY they're " too dangerous to adopt out"........ it's the Floyd bust all over again on a bigger scale.

And if they had a SINGLE incident of those crap claims of their's being valid then they'd have SHILLED it in the videos.

And then well meaning folks buy right into it and further exacerbate the outright LIES perpetuated by the HSUS.

In closing , a lot of folks best look out themselves , folks with ONE dog but who even possess a parting stick that will be magically transformed into " damned dirty dogfighters" merely upon the " evidence" of that parting stick.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
i have a question of logic here... What good would a starved and tortured dog be in a fight?

The other question is how much better off are those dogs now that they are in a tiny concrete cage being cared for by people who often see pit bulls as vermin? I don't know how trusting i am of a system who confiscates dog and then euthanizes them because they say they cannot be retrained for good, because a dog who has killed another animal cannot ever be trusted again.

sent from petguide.com free app
eggrfreakzackly!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
I believe that more than likely the hsus will put the dogs down and feed the general public some crap about they were fighting dogs and can't be trusted and so on and so on and also I'm pretty sure they will see a healthy dog that's conditioned and label them as starving

Likely? It's a damn goldplated 100 to 1 CERTAINTY.....

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
I would LOVE to see an exposé about how the HSUS houses their "rescued" dogs. Please tell me how the dogs' lives changed one bit! Perhaps they should be invited to experience their own "hospitality" before they can judge who looks after a dog better.

How about a search of a sled dog champs place? I am almost certain that they will find "fighting paraphernalia" like a treadmill and chain rigs and outdoor dog houses.

Where do I cancel my subscription to their BS?

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Another thing , y'all with " rescue dogs" and dogs with no papers etc. best take a right close look at all all this.

Waddaya gonna do when those " DNA profiles: trace back to a dog like Cockney Charlie Lloyd's " Pilot"? I mean after all he was a GGASSPPPP a
" fighting dog"...........

And don't *ANYBODY* here run their mouths about the AST branch of the breed , unless of course you're ready for a history lesson as regards Feely , Doyle , Al Brown , Colby , the X-Pert , Tacoma , Our Gang , Ruffian dogs and others.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
I would LOVE to see an exposé about how the HSUS houses their "rescued" dogs.
They DON'T " house rescue dogs" , they kill 'em , the HSUS doesn't operate any shelters of their own , not a damned one. They lay it off on the locals , they're a bulls*** artist lobbying and political body advancing a PETA whack agenda wherever they can do so with a gullible public.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm all for not believing everything mainstream media throws at us. Only a fool would swallow it. But, the believing only the opposite of that which is presented is equally stupid. I could predict the response on this forum to this event. That's not to say it's wrong but to present opposing polar opposite views on this story just smack of reactionary foolishness. With little facts known so far people here leap to defend people that may well be scum. Sure, be sceptical but why just make up facts about a situation that hasn't been made fully public? And finding drugs there, what excuse is there for that? I guess you could argue that's false right? Don't be silly, some people breed, fight and neglect these dogs. Not every 'dogman' today has any goals that could be remotely admirable.

·
silent memeber
569 Posts
After watching that video and seeing those dogs I must say that they looked pretty healthy to me no scars bowls in front of them I'm assuming water in it decent shelter . This is just ignorant people not educating them self , not knowing thats how a fit conditioned bulldog looks like . I think that the tie outt looked good also , might be hardware from Stillwaterkennels lol

·
Registered
133 Posts
I love how every every dog they show didnt have a single scratch on it, I'm no expert but if it was such a huge "dog fighting bust" wouldn't they have some type of battle scars. Also found it funny that the dogs were so quite & calm when they were filming, I've been on a yard with 25 dogs and they would raise some hell when a strange person would go to them......couldn't even here your self think with 25 dogs barking their heads off much less the 100 they claimed to have taken.

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
They DON'T " house rescue dogs" , they kill 'em , the HSUS doesn't operate any shelters of their own , not a damned one. They lay it off on the locals , they're a bulls*** artist lobbying and political body advancing a PETA whack agenda wherever they can do so with a gullible public.
That's exactly my point though Olddog. I dot understand how the general public can rally behind a cause that is massacring animals. If people were breeding Labradors by the thousand with dogs kept in cages and never exposed to the outdoor, I can bet my last dime that they would find homes to rehabilitate those dogs.

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
I'm all for not believing everything mainstream media throws at us. Only a fool would swallow it. But, the believing only the opposite of that which is presented is equally stupid. I could predict the response on this forum to this event. That's not to say it's wrong but to present opposing polar opposite views on this story just smack of reactionary foolishness. With little facts known so far people here leap to defend people that may well be scum. Sure, be sceptical but why just make up facts about a situation that hasn't been made fully public? And finding drugs there, what excuse is there for that? I guess you could argue that's false right? Don't be silly, some people breed, fight and neglect these dogs. Not every 'dogman' today has any goals that could be remotely admirable.
I am not defending the dog owners who are being accused of drug possession. It is sad that thugs and gangbangers think dog fighting and gambling and drugs are trendy right now. But that said, those dogs looked healthy, they looked friendly, and the environment shown in that yard looked ok to me. I have seen abused and starving animals at too many SPCA soap boxes to be able to confuse the 2.

By all means investigate the drug charges and take them as far as they can. But to try and lump the dogs into that charge when those dogs don't appear to have been fought is a bit of a stretch for me.

·
scratchin hard
2,147 Posts
if you think the dogs is all they were after think again.....
feds? ha....the cause of this was plain and simple...dope,way to dam much $$$$$$$ and way too much EGO.....on and on too much mouth..........
i for one cant believe dogs was the primary motivation.....
but not 1 dog in the vid looked bad........more will surface on this one i bet cha.....

Reactions: mccoypitbulls

·
Registered
399 Posts
Well, it doesn't really matter if the boys were really fighting dogs or not. The thing is.. They got plenty of things on the property that could or has been at one time, related to, or a part of dogfighting.. So, someone says they've been fighting their dogs.. Then they get investigated for dogfighting.. unless the can PROVE they are INNOCENT.. they are guilty as charged. Welcome to Modern Day America Folks!

With their set up and equipment, they can't prove they weren't taking part in dogfighting.. so.. they must be! And either way.. even if they were able to get enough shit together to prove their innocence.. Dog's will already be PTS, the media will have done it's damage, and NO ONE will apologize for the mistake as they quitely slip the "wrongly convicted" out the back door.

Reactions: mccoypitbulls

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a question of logic here... What good would a starved and tortured dog be in a fight?

The other question is how much better off are those dogs now that they are in a tiny concrete cage being cared for by people who often see pit bulls as vermin? I don't know how trusting I am of a system who confiscates dog and then euthanizes them because they say they cannot be retrained for good, because a dog who has killed another animal cannot ever be trusted again.

Totally agree and by the pictures I didn't see any dog that appears to be sick...

Yep. Dogs that could have a good home, be great dogs that will die because they don't even understand the dog itself...

1 - 20 of 103 Posts