Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody ever seen this? on any breed? could be beautiful... cain, where are u hiding the pics

·
Registered
618 Posts
Really don't see that color often. It sure is pretty. I have never seen this in the show ring before. And Deuce408 it's officially called a honey brindle.

Attachments

·
Registered
757 Posts
Vader...off of Lil' Viper & Sasha Girl. She only had a total of 3 pups and 2 were this color(Chocolate Brindle). The other was a fawn red nose.(Sonny Daze)

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
black and white brindle Reply to Thread
Do you mean a black brindle with white markings or a black brindle piebald dog( which would be a dog that is white with brindle patches)? If so those are quite common.

There is no white brindle that I've ever seen if that is what you are asking.

When you decide what color a brindle dog is called ... you put the underlying color first so for example if the dog was black with brindling. It would be black brindle.

honey brindle and tan brindle
Neither Honey nor tan brindle are accepted colors according to ADBA color charts anyway.
Though UKC colors can be named a bit differently.
Deuce408 In ADBA I'd probably call your dog either fawn brindle or light chocolate brindle. In UKC I'd say cocoa fawn brindle. I don't like judging color in picts as the lighting always effects it.

The brindling colors on red nose dogs in various shades is quite common as well and I've seen many the color of the dogs posted.

You have to remember there are no RARE colors when it comes to the APBT. So although some may not be as common in a specific geographic area it doesn't make them rare.

If you pull up a litter reg on the ADBA site it lists acceptable names for colors and their description. Though there are some that fall sort of between two definitions at times you pick the one that is closest. LOL

BYBs also try to make up their own cool names for colors then confusing things further LOL

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
Vader...off of Lil' Viper & Sasha Girl. She only had a total of 3 pups and 2 were this color(Chocolate Brindle). The other was a fawn red nose.(Sonny Daze)
That is a pretty dog...I LOVE her color! I have never seen a brindle like that. Most the brindles I see are tiger striped or really dark colored.

·
Registered
757 Posts
That is a pretty dog...I LOVE her color! I have never seen a brindle like that. Most the brindles I see are tiger striped or really dark colored.
Thanks! Hes actually a boy. All 3 in the litter were boys! Their dad was a blue brindle and their mom is a fawn red nose.

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
Thanks! Hes actually a boy. All 3 in the litter were boys! Their dad was a blue brindle and their mom is a fawn red nose.
Sorry,, he is a handsome boy!!! I am not quite awake yet or just have not had enouch coffee ...lol!!!

·
Registered
757 Posts
would look like a zebra :)
I think when people are saying "black and white brindle" They are talking about a dog thats brindle, but has alot of white as well. Not the best example, but Apache here(in certain light and certain seasons) has some light brindle and alot of white. This may be what they are refering too.

·
Registered
757 Posts
OK, Apache wasnt the best example. You can barely see his brindle. Lets try his granddaughter, Bella.

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
I think when people are saying "black and white brindle" They are talking about a dog thats brindle, but has alot of white as well.
That is actually why I posted the correct terms and color charts in case that is what they meant.

Hey reddog I would say Bob and Riley are black brindles
Yes, I agree, black brindles with white markings and not black and white brindles.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have several of what I call blue brindles which is a light tan under and the stripes are blue I don't see this very often but my old momma is this color and throws it no matter the studs color

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
I have several of what I call blue brindles which is a light tan under and the stripes are blue I don't see this very often but my old momma is this color and throws it no matter the studs color
Both blue fawn brindle and blue brindle are also both very common even more especially with with all the blue fad breeders.

Looks like white brindle to me, OK maybe lite grey.
Beautiful pup...
I'll explain better.
the pup is mostly black... you call the brindle color first by the underlying color which on this pup is black.
The striping/ brindle pattern appears to be a buckskin or fawn in color. That doesn't come into play though when listing the color anyway only the underlying color does.
Thus the pup is Black brindle.

Genetically a dog with a black nose can not have gray or blue fur.

White brindle would mean a dog that has white as the underlying color.

Patcheeno's daughter:
She is also another example of Black Brindle with white markings.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts