Go Pitbull Forums banner

41 - 60 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
I really mean no offense by this but just because you call a color a fancy name does not make it that color. I saw a blue kennel marketing their dogs as rare silver tip.

Its part of the reason people think certain colors are soo exotic

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
For those not sure what color their dogs are... see the color charts I posted to help :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
first you guys may want to reread my post i didnt say it was rare i said you dont see to many.second i didnt make up that name i was given that name on another pitbull site when i was searching for his color.excuse me for being misinformed.i was just trying to join in on COLORS YOU DONT SEE TOO OFTEN

(Its part of the reason people think certain colors are soo exotic)
once again reread the post i never once said the color was exotic i said you dont see very many.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
again, just cuz the breeder says its some super rare color, doesn't mean it is. They just do that to get more money outta uneducated people. Like you said you call red brindles Tortishell pit...doesnt matter what you call it. Its still....red brindle.

·
The M.F. Problem
4,878 Posts
Exotic? Um, the A in APBT still stands for American right? Dude, Oni, WTF are you talking about. I think you're a sucker for a BYB!

·
Registered
121 Posts
you people have issues with reading i didnt say it was EXOTIC read the d*** post people.i was quoting what someone else said.second the website i read it at seemed legitimate like i said before excuse me.next time ill keep my thoughts on NOT TO OFTEN SEEN COLORS to myself(like i said in the first post)besides that anythings rare now that people are breeding blues like cats

(Like you said you call red brindles Tortishell pit...doesnt matter what you call it. Its still....red brindle.)
third im one person calling the red pit tortoise shell it's a joke because it remind me of the cat color.your putting way too much thought into what i said.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
well it is a color thread, and it didn't say you where joking or kidding, so I am probably going to read it how its.

My last say on this though is fawn is a VERY often seen color, probably the most common. BTW

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
you people have issues with reading i didnt say it was EXOTIC read the d*** post people.i was quoting what someone else said.second the website i read it at seemed legitimate like i said before excuse me.next time ill keep my thoughts on NOT TO OFTEN SEEN COLORS to myself(like i said in the first post)besides that anythings rare now that people are breeding blues like cats

(Like you said you call red brindles Tortishell pit...doesnt matter what you call it. Its still....red brindle.)
third im one person calling the red pit tortoise shell it's a joke because it remind me of the cat color.your putting way too much thought into what i said.
Hey ONI .. the best place to actually find the names for the variety of apbt colors would be on the adba's or the ukc's website these would be the correct names for the different colors that are out there.. Just a good site for a color chart for the apbt through respectable registries maybe this will help you.

American Dog Breeders Association

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
Hey ONI .. the best place to actually find the names for the variety of apbt colors would be on the adba's or the ukc's website these would be the correct names for the different colors that are out there.. Just a good site for a color chart for the apbt through respectable registries maybe this will help you.

American Dog Breeders Association
LOL I posted the links already in this thread, but no one seems to want to look at it LOL

All the Color charts are listed in this sticky in the Goldmine section as well:
http://www.gopitbull.com/goldmine/6740-coat-color-charts.html

ADBA color names are not all exactly the same as UKC colors LOL to confuse you further

Anyone can call a color anything they want... but that doesn't make them correct.
In general it seems especially w/ BYBs trying to jack up prices for their pups are make up their own names for them to make them sound cool, unique or "rare". This is how new owners get confused and end up calling the dogs colors that they aren't.

I've heard so many ridiculous things I couldn't even keep track of them all.
Here are a few examples to add to the couple that are listed already in this thread.
The ones in red are incorrect names for 'real' colors
Polka dotted -instead of pied or patch
Vanilla instead of buckskin
Copper, orange, Strawberry or cherry instead of red
Golden, Blonde, Yeller instead of Buckskin
Silver back Hmmmm as far as I know that is used when speaking or gorillas not APBTs
Strawberry Blonde instead Dark Fawn

ect...

·
Registered
121 Posts
i read your post Patch-O-Pits and i thought to myself holy sh** what have i been writing on these websites.this is one of two pitbull website i go on and someone is just now noticing what i have been saying.thanks for the helping and not writing a rude post.god only knows i got the point when pitbullgirl22 said she hadn't heard of the color and everyone said he was fawn.well like i said thanks for the helpful comments

thank god i only wrote that on two pitbull websites(now i have to go fix my previous post and ask people why didnt they notice my mixup earlier

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
LOL I posted the links already in this thread, but no one seems to want to look at it LOL

All the Color charts are listed in this sticky in the Goldmine section as well:
http://www.gopitbull.com/goldmine/6740-coat-color-charts.html

ADBA color names are not all exactly the same as UKC colors LOL to confuse you further

Anyone can call a color anything they want... but that doesn't make them correct.
In general it seems especially w/ BYBs trying to jack up prices for their pups are make up their own names for them to make them sound cool, unique or "rare". This is how new owners get confused and end up calling the dogs colors that they aren't.

I've heard so many ridiculous things I couldn't even keep track of them all.
Here are a few examples to add to the couple that are listed already in this thread.
The ones in red are incorrect names for 'real' colors
Polka dotted -instead of pied or patch
Vanilla instead of buckskin
Copper, orange, Strawberry or cherry instead of red
Golden, Blonde, Yeller instead of Buckskin
Silver back Hmmmm as far as I know that is used when speaking or gorillas not APBTs
Strawberry Blonde instead Dark Fawn

ect...
LOL patches I just came in at the tail end I didn't even know u already posted the links on here Listen to patch she knows her stuff .. I know when I hear some color I have never heard of I go to one of these sites LOL to check... :angel:

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
i read your post Patch-O-Pits and i thought to myself holy sh** what have i been writing on these websites.this is one of two pitbull website i go on and someone is just now noticing what i have been saying.thanks for the helping and not writing a rude post.god only knows i got the point when pitbullgirl22 said she hadn't heard of the color and everyone said he was fawn.well like i said thanks for the helpful comments

thank god i only wrote that on two pitbull websites(now i have to go fix my previous post and ask people why didnt they notice my mixup earlier
It isn't bad that you didn't know and honestly like I said there is a lot of confusion as well as misinformation on colors and pretty much every other aspect of the breed. It is hard to know sometimes who is right and what to listen to...
It is always best I find to try and check answers to things right with the registry if possible the apbt conformation site and encyclopedia also have TONS of useful info for future reference.

Believe me there is no one who knows it all. We all have room to learn and we all should be helping each other.

We have enough crap to deal with with ignorance of the general public about the breed, BYBs and BSL to be fighting among ourselves.

·
Registered
757 Posts
What color would you guys consider Czar? Our dog Blue Jax when put to a blue female always throws just 1 like this.

·
Windbag Extrodinaire.
3,303 Posts
Kinda hard for me to tell but he appears to be gray..

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Looks Blue to me ... I have seen lighter blue dogs with like a lavender/lilac tint ... Or even a blue champagne. It's def a shade of grey Is the female you breed Blue Jax with red by any chance?

41 - 60 of 100 Posts