Go Pitbull Forums banner

61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Looks Blue to me ... I have seen lighter blue dogs with like a lavender/lilac tint ... Or even a blue champagne. It's def a shade of grey Is the female you breed Blue Jax with red by any chance?
No, she is a blue. The entire litter both times we did this breeding was blue with the exception of 1 this color both times. Czar has a red nose.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Honestly if you sent in those pics to ADBA they'd say that is a Fawn Bluie (also known as lilac,champagne,blue fawn,etc.) as you can tell it has a fawn undercoat look with a blue tint over the fur another thing that tipped me off for sure about them being a fawn bluie check out the nose its fleshy looking with a gray cast over it you dont see that type of nose very often on another color. I personally haven't seen it on another colored dog but its possible b/c I 've seen some odd looking dogs believe me.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Honestly if you sent in those pics to ADBA they'd say that is a Fawn Bluie (also known as lilac,champagne,blue fawn,etc.) as you can tell it has a fawn undercoat look with a blue tint over the fur another thing that tipped me off for sure about them being a fawn bluie check out the nose its fleshy looking with a gray cast over it you dont see that type of nose very often on another color. I personally haven't seen it on another colored dog but its possible b/c I 've seen some odd looking dogs believe me.
Hey amanda Those were the same colors I was thinking .. I know the breeder whom I got sadie and simba from had 1 from that litter who was also this color .. The funny thing is in certain shades of light they look fawn . But in other shades of light they have the blue/lilac tint to them... I have heard not really sure because I do not breed but breeder's will try and breed a red dog to a blue dog to try and produce that blue champagne/ blue/lilac cast dog. Maybe someone else who breeds can comment on it. This was what I have heard about that color.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Yea some people breed specifically for that coloring being not a whole lot of people have a true fawn bluie they are not a rare color but their not abundant either. I like the color its kinda flashy to me but as I see it its just another color lol.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Yea some people breed specifically for that coloring being not a whole lot of people have a true fawn bluie they are not a rare color but their not abundant either. I like the color its kinda flashy to me but as I see it its just another color lol.
Right I agree I don't see alot of that color as much as I do just a blue dog ... I have seen a few of these fawn bluie's but not many at least not here where I live. But I agree a color is just a color. :pup:

·
Registered
618 Posts
I've seen that color at a dog show in OK. last year and it was only in patches the rest of her was white.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I think we originally sent the paperwork in as just a fawn. As he got older he started to get more of the blue tint. I really think that this is what people are considering "silver".

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Here's a true silver you can't tell real good by the pics of course shes not silver anymore ash she got older her color changed to just regular blue but shes was a real silver I wish i had some more pics of her back then but I dont this is all I have that you can actually see how silver. But I wouldn't doubt people are calling the other silver also to many people come up with new names for things to make it sound rare.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Here's a true silver you can't tell real good by the pics of course shes not silver anymore ash she got older her color changed to just regular blue but shes was a real silver I wish i had some more pics of her back then but I dont this is all I have that you can actually see how silver. But I wouldn't doubt people are calling the other silver also to many people come up with new names for things to make it sound rare.
Very Pretty Dog ... It's funny with blue dogs I noticed the color changes in lighting sadie looks different shades of blue in different lighting I also noticed down the spine of her back is a darker color than the rest of her pretty cute LOL... Amanda do you ever notice that with any of your blue dogs? I also have seen coat color changes as well as the dog grows sometimes the color changes a bit funny how that works out LOL

·
Registered
317 Posts
Page Title - fawn bluie brindle only blue I own now, site is a little out dated due to co owns and what nots. Open to stud also for a working man's price. His offspring are a work of art will post pics soon.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Good Looker Shadow Games ;)
Thank you, sadieblues
If you think he looks good there, wait till the new pics I put up of him, he is mature almost now 3 years old in a about a month. Very pleased with him another outstanding free dog, a friend of my brother need to get rid of him. He came and saw him a couple of months ago and tried to buy him back now that he owns his own house. I don't sell family, lol.The pic was about 1 1/2 years old, quite a gentlemen. Very first day of true weight pull training on a ADBA regulation track at 14 inch incline he pulled a 1000lbs. I am damn proud of this one, a ton of money and lot of work investment in him.

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
Page Title - fawn bluie brindle only blue I own now, site is a little out dated due to co owns and what nots. Open to stud also for a working man's price. His offspring are a work of art will post pics soon.
Very nice looking dog. I love his coloring.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Thank you, sadieblues
Very first day of true weight pull training on a ADBA regulation track at 14 inch incline he pulled a 1000lbs. I am damn proud of this one, a ton of money and lot of work investment in him.
1000 lbs on a 14 inch incline!!!! How much does that dog weigh???

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
14'' incline?? Do they really put that sevre of an incline on the tracks? I don't think I've seen it higher than 3'' but I haven't been to -that- many shows.

·
Registered
757 Posts
We have a 12" incline on Webbos practice track(Just so we dont have to load many block). Tinkerbelle can barely pull 6 blocks which is only around 600 lbs with the cart. She weighs 55 lbs.

·
Registered
132 Posts
will i say a all black apbt is the rawest FOR ME i mean all black no white if you have pic plz post i want to put on my computer background lol

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
ok, i found a pic of a black and white brindle..bt its n a book.. when i get home ill scan it and post it.. but if anyone has this book post it 4 me lol.. its training your pit bull and its on page 80!

61 - 80 of 100 Posts