Go Pitbull Forums banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Mr.Lee I have a friend who owns an ALL black male. As soon as I can I'll snatch a pic for ya!

·
Registered
317 Posts
We have a 12" incline on Webbos practice track(Just so we dont have to load many block). Tinkerbelle can barely pull 6 blocks which is only around 600 lbs with the cart. She weighs 55 lbs.
exactly right on the money with the thought process right there, make them work harder there so when it is time they don't realize they can do more they just do it. and conditioned weight just under 70lbs. now that he is fully matured, he is just under 77lbs at home. sorry guys didn't see the replies back.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was looking over the color chart, one of them anyway.

Anyone have a Sable Brindle??
Or know a breeder who has one, i really want that color dog!

·
Registered
3 Posts
i need to find some weights to put on my pits chest to build her up. does anybody know where i can get smething like this?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Good way to build those muscles, get a weight pull harness and use a really long chain about 8 feet (my preference) and put a quick connect on the end of the chain and use old style window weights or free weights from a bench press bar (garage sale or craigslist, cheap!) and go walking through a nice open field or around a track or something. Out of sight out of mind, I choose not to let people see me working my dogs like this after AC got called on me, but me and two of my local AC officers are friends so they called me and let me know about but if you are in a pit friendly area it is on you. Start really small, and build up. Use just the chain to start to get the dog use to the sound, start small or the dog may never want to pull for you. Research weight pulling and use the same type of training techniques.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
These last two dogs I think are Champagne. From the people that I know that get them they just pop up every now and then from a cross of Blue and Red carrying bloodlines. Not sure tho. But Stack is Champagne. Those pics are also dark so its harder to tell.

Here is a darker one of Stack

When bred to a Blue fawn Stack produced one Champange every time.
When Bred to a buckskin All pups where Buckskin exept one Blue
When Bred to a black brindle there where blue, Black, and black brindles.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
These last two dogs I think are Champagne. From the people that I know that get them they just pop up every now and then from a cross of Blue and Red carrying bloodlines. Not sure tho. But Stack is Champagne. Those pics are also dark so its harder to tell.

Here is a darker one of Stack

When bred to a Blue fawn Stack produced one Champange every time.
When Bred to a buckskin All pups where Buckskin exept one Blue
When Bred to a black brindle there where blue, Black, and black brindles.
*Note* in ADBA Champagne is not a recognized color it is Fawn Bluies and in UKC same thing not recognized the color name for them is Cinnamon.

·
Registered
429 Posts
As do I.

Well she is a buckskin brindle, but it isn't uncommon for old timers to refer to her as a honey brindle regardless of whether or not it is an ADBA accepted term. Her daughter is the same but with a red nose (instead of black) like the dog posted in the thread. Have to say I haven't seen many but have seen a few others, nothing exotic about her. Her brother is red brindle red nose.

Tan brindle is an acceptable ADBA color. They allow you to register a pup as such. Whatever the underlying color is which can be tan. With the exception of black brindle (and its other variants) as black is the over laying color but because of the amount and density of the stripes they allow for them to be registered as black brindle.

Brindles can be of almost any color, which really allows for a huge amount of variety with the pattern. Not only with color but also amount of stripes.

Brindles can be brown, tan, buckskin, red, fawn, sable with black stripes.
If they have the gene for liver they will have red or chocolate stripes
If they have the gene for dilution they will have blue stripes
Dogs that have both liver and dilution gene will have what's termed lilac stripes.

Not to mention tan points too, the brindle will be apparent in the points though masked on the rest of the coat.

There really isn't such a thing as a reverse brindle, though I've seen the term used frequently.

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
here. a good example!

81 - 100 of 100 Posts