Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a half Rott half Pitbull girl who was the typical black and tan Rottie color except all of her tan points were brindle.

I am going to look at a new puppy today that the owner says is a pure pit but it is the same color combo as the girl I had. The sire is a blue and the dam is a red.

Can anyone explain how a purebred pit can have brindle points? Is it possible? I have seen lots of sites talking about the tri-color dogs and that it has to do with recessive genes. Is that the case here?

Here is a link to the album with both of my half Rott half Pitbulls. Rizzo is the girl with the docked tail and the brindle points. Kenickie is the solid black and tan.

Rizzo And Kenickie Photos by glasschalice | Photobucket

Here are the photos of the puppy that I'm going to go look at, his 2 littermates and a photo of his parents. I'm wondering if it isn't part rott also..

Puppy Photos by glasschalice | Photobucket

·
<(-.-)> N00B
350 Posts
Genetics.

APBTs come in a large variety of shapes, colors and markings. My boys breeder has a few tanned pointed APBTs on her yard.

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
That combo is called Trindle...so this pup is a blue trindle. It does happen but if those pups don't have papers I'd suspect it's a cross to be honest.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts