Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my six month old blue seems to be unable to hold his urine. he actually leaks. when it happens, he jumps back and looks down in surprise. we've been to the vet, and have done a ten day course of antibiotics. We only have one day off meds left, and I'm not seeing improvement. has anyone else experienced this?

·
Premium Member
11,110 Posts
Usually its seen in females, especially spayed females. Youre sure its not marking but actually urine?

How about this? Urinary Incontinence | ASPCA

·
Premium Member
11,110 Posts
That's always fun! Boys are way easier than girls at least. Get a bowl or Tupperware an just sneak up from behind and reach around. I felt like a weirdo trying to get a urine sample lol

Did you see the link? Sometimes it's jut the way it is.

Sent from Petguide.com App

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Lol yeah I think my boy had a UTI. Go get him some cranberry juice REAL cranberry juice not from concentrate.

My vet didn't believe me but the cranberry helped. Or maybe it wasn't a UTI but whatever it was he grew out of it. All in all, it can't hurt to try the cranberry juice

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
you can also try cranberry extract in pill form. no sugar.
i get mine from costco and just drop one in his food bowl during feedings. he doesn't even notice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.