Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
They are far from rare , the only ones who call them rare are BYB's who cant sell a dog honestly and has to hype up something so ridiculous as a color to sell them. Blue nose refers only to the color of the nose and blue in general is just the color of thte coat nothing different then red nose, brindle, fawn, white, black , seal ect ect ect all colors.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
They are far from rare , the only ones who call them rare are BYB's who cant sell a dog honestly and has to hype up something so ridiculous as a color to sell them. Blue nose refers only to the color of the nose and blue in general is just the color of thte coat nothing different then red nose, brindle, fawn, white, black , seal ect ect ect all colors.
What angelbaby is mostly referring to is "blues" in the American Bully world.. In the American Pit Bull Terrier gene pool, "blue" in the "old days" was heavily culled, frowned upon and was not thought to be a proper color of a Bulldog. Though the color "blue" through documents has rarely emerged and one of the very few "blue" hounds of the past to earn the right to be called an APBT was GrCh Soga.. I say "blue" because all the color is a dilute of black... Genetically.

Blue is far more common in American Staffordshire Terriers and American Bullies.. As well as any mix thereof.. You won't find many "performance" Bulldogs or APBTs with the dilute as its not something thats heavily sought after not to mention commonly thrown.. With the APBT (and any world class worker) its not the color or appearance that defines the hound rather that of function and ability.

Performanceknls (Lisa) has a blue hound but shes the only one i know of currently that has a Bulldog.. and happens to be "blue".

As to the nose, its all BYB terms really.. A nose is a nose.. Black, white, blue, grey, tri colored, pink.. Means nothing other than thats the nose color, it does not define anything..

·
Super Moderator
4,580 Posts
What angelbaby is mostly referring to is "blues" in the American Bully world.. In the American Pit Bull Terrier gene pool, "blue" in the "old days" was heavily culled, frowned upon and was not thought to be a proper color of a Bulldog. Though the color "blue" through documents has rarely emerged and one of the very few "blue" hounds of the past to earn the right to be called an APBT was GrCh Soga.. I say "blue" because all the color is a dilute of black... Genetically.

Blue is far more common in American Staffordshire Terriers and American Bullies.. As well as any mix thereof.. You won't find many "performance" Bulldogs or APBTs with the dilute as its not something thats heavily sought after not to mention commonly thrown.. With the APBT (and any world class worker) its not the color or appearance that defines the hound rather that of function and ability.

Performanceknls (Lisa) has a blue hound but shes the only one i know of currently that has a Bulldog.. and happens to be "blue".

As to the nose, its all BYB terms really.. A nose is a nose.. Black, white, blue, grey, tri colored, pink.. Means nothing other than thats the nose color, it does not define anything..
:goodpost:

I think she has 2 now though. Monsoon and one other. GREAT looking bulldogs too.

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
It is funny because Blue bulldogs are out there and easy to find but blue true bred APBT'S are hard to come by. I haven't seen any besides grch soga and couple of other bellodona bred dog. Besides that I haven't seen many. But yeah blue bully apbt mixes are out there or blue amataff apbt mixes are out there. But for the moat part not to many pure bred apbt are blue. Of any one knows any besides the Belladona dogs, I would love to see them and the peds.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well everyone around here in my town think a blue dog is rare. I told them I don't think so I own a blue brindle male and in his 7th gen on his sires side goes back 2 jeep and honey bunch

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Well most people do not realize the dog's nose needs to be blue in order for it to be called a blue nose, lol. They think its a bloodline or a breed.

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
well everyone around here in my town think a blue dog is rare. I told them I don't think so I own a blue brindle male and in his 7th gen on his sires side goes back 2 jeep and honey bunch
the dog in my avatar is a blue bulldog .is a heavy eli dog with a little bit of jeep .but he also has and staff in there so I can call him a true blue apbt,because he is a cross of amstaff and apbt

·
Registered
6,167 Posts

:goodpost:
That's because you live in NC.All these dumbasses around here think blue dogs are rare and worth alot of money.:rofl:

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
I think every one is confused. Blue APBT. Do not come along very often at all unless mixed with Amstaff or bully. So the answer ous getting a blue true to form APBT, is not common at all. Blue "pit bulls" show up often but are not pure or true APBT.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Alot of "blue" pits around me are very common and generally do not look true to form of your typical APBT. They are either really large bully looking or have massive heads I think that comes from inbreeding or the mixing of bulldogs somewhere down the road

1 - 17 of 17 Posts