Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i feed my dog blue buffalo and have been for a while and every time i go re-up and some food i see tons of other holistic type foods and wanted to know what do you feed your dog and should i continue with BB?????

TOBY

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Excellent food IMO! I have been feeding it since I brought Bella home after her TOTW was gone that the breeder gave me. You will get ten different opinions from ten different people but most here seem to like BB, totw, and orijen foods. I think you should continue with it if it is working well for your dog. No sense in switching her. Alot of foods claim to be holistic as a sale pitch but really aren't. Doesn't make them bad foods though and BB definitely isn't. I like how they have the lifesource bits that are cold formed separately to preserve potency that the heat can degrade through processing.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Use the search button and you will find thousands of threads on this topic as well as other dog foods.

Also, here is a list of kibble grades and reviews
Pet Food Comparison '

Use the search button within that thread to find a specific food if you don't feel like going through all of it.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I feed bb wilderness and I refuse to change her to anything else .. tried to and her coat wasnt shiny anymore she was gassy and I changed her back to blue wilderness asap I love it ..=D

I have also heard good things about orijen but she wont touch it . She smells it puts her nose in the air and walks away lol ...

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Well it all depends on what you are looking for in a food and what you think your dog will do well on? Are you feeding regular Blue? Wilderness? Also, what kind of price range are you looking for or does it matter?

I feed mine Orijen, ill do a month or two of 6 Fish and then a month or so of Regional Red to give them a diverse Protein intake. Pricing for these is 6 Fish; $75 and Regional Red; $80 depending on where you go it may be cheaper but that is the typical average.

For my dogs, ive never had a greater success than with Orijen. Helps with conditioning and maintaing as well as overall appearance, health, etc. Stool is small, consistent and they only need to poop once after each feeding. Occasionally twice but not usually.

High Protein diets some agree with some don't, i have found as long as you keep them well hydrated and give them at least 30 minutes after eating to let their food settle theres no problems. I've always fed a higher protein with any dog i've owned both past and present.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts