Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other than skin and coat problems what other health issue can be associated with dogs having diluted black coats

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Its actually a myth that blue dogs have coat issues. The fact is any bad bred dog BYB project can have skin issues due to bad genetics. Just so happens blue is / was the popular rare { LOLOLOL} color and was berd heavily for that alone vs health and temperment and normal things breeders look for. So you do see blue dogs with bad coats and skin , BUT you see that with almost every other color as well that was bred that way. Its whatever color is popular at the time you will see issues come up , not specific to any color but rather poor genetics.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Fur issues are due to improper breeding and the health of the animal. Not color. I have never had a blue with fur issues. Dogs of all colors can have them and blues where a target of bad breeding for awhile which caused a rise in blue coated dogs having skin and other health issues but it was not related to the color itself.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
i actually had the same question. thanks for those responses. i see the truth in it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts