Go Pitbull Forums banner
61 - 80 of 111 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
I feel that it was mixed from the start of the APBT when it was imported and made its own breed so it was part of the foundation. The reason you see so many is cause of the fad effect. When people came across them they kept them and bred them. But yes the blue APBT got their blue in a different way than the bullies.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
LOL Yeah I see it now.. But that is how it got into our breed. But as we know dog men of the old days would cull anything blue because they were considered inferior by dog men ... That is why you don't have any real matches between blue dogs in those times. Dog men had their prejudices too when it came to dogs ;)

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
LOL Yeah I see it now.. But that is how it got into our breed. But as we know dog men of the old days would cull anything blue because they were considered inferior by dog men ... That is why you don't have any real matches between blue dogs in those times. Dog men had their prejudices too when it came to dogs ;)
:goodpost: I think the color is just a gene like a person's eye color or hair color. How can you have blue chiwawas, blue bostons, blue frenchies you know? Even them hairless dogs come in blue I think.

I understand Missapbt's passion for the anti-blue thing because bybs and bully breeders treat them as exotic dogs but in reality I feel any color is possible in any breed. Let the BYB's market their rare blue dogs, it doesn't make a difference to educated dog enthusiasts.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,362 Posts
Im thinkin shes sayin that if we irradicate merles from the game dog stock why not blues... ??? is this correct ?? ?
There have been some merle dogs with C AAAAAAARver paperwork as well. .LOL as well as others .. man my ears are ringin.. LOL there is a dog catahoula bulldog ;) thats how it got there. OH bulldog, YEAH I gotta bulldog.. LOL

·
+ Young buck human puppy
1,832 Posts
I cant give you anymore rep david :( but you are spot on with why i am anti 'blue apbt'

Yes rudy and sadie but people dont understand that they will just keep having their head up there arse and say that there apbt is blue and it is pure, but really they are in denial it is a X

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
If the dog performs who cares the color, obviously if there are health implications breed away from it. The DOGO Argentino has to get Baer tested because the all white dogs are prone to deafness, heck that did not stop them from pursuing that color you know?

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
Why were they considered inferior? I would think color would have lil to do with the tenacity or fortitude of an animal.

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
I cant give you anymore rep david :( but you are spot on with why i am anti 'blue apbt'

Yes rudy and sadie but people dont understand that they will just keep having their head up there arse and say that there apbt is blue and it is pure, but really they are in denial it is a X
Thank you:roll: I know what you feel because of your love for the breed. Sadly specially in American biggers is better, more is better and that is what has caused the decline to many breeds. I don't know how NZ is but as long as we keep a circle of educated dog owners the breeds will survive. All we can do is educate and provide historical background, the problem is too many people get caught up in looks and forget about the engine which is the most important.

·
+ Young buck human puppy
1,832 Posts
Why were they considered inferior? I would think color would have lil to do with the tenacity or fortitude of an animal.
I would like to know the story behind it, you are correct there has to be something else about them, or maybe they just never existed?

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
When did fighting dogs eventually become the APBT? Europe had a bunch of different Bull-terrier fighters and a lot of them were imported over here. They were all probably seperate breeds in their own right but eventually mixed together to obtain the perfect specimen. My other question is if Colby Dogs are mainly one of those strains, then it's not the mix of all those dogs but a different, original strain all together. Is it truly the American pitbull Terrier?

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
I agree color has no bearing on gameness it's really ignorance on their part. My guess is because it was so rare for a blue dog to turn up when one did they culled it LOL .... You will hear stories about dog men having their picks in color .. Rule of thumb color should have no bearing on gameness .. But if you read some of the older stories you will see that many dog men favored the red dogs or the black dogs for their own reasons. Deep gameness, hard mouth, ect.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,362 Posts
well since Searcys Jeff beat all 3 of the best lightner "blue" dogs well.. that would make sense. Just like they culled all white dogs, except colby, lol..
Hey ya'll wanna use
this dog as a stud for your American Bulldog program..
scarcasm LOL Colby fathered all bulldog blood IMO cause we all used his stock.

but yeah.. why diverge from what they already knew.?? that like politics at its best, "So what if we fk it up, at least we'll know we had it right the first time.." whateves, have fun with that thinkin.. LOL not you sadie people in general. Cull people Cull..

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts

If we hate on every one for what a select few do then we will never have any.
You can't wish blue dogs away because some people are taking advantage of uneducated people. I mean i guess you can but it's not nice.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
I agree color has no bearing on gameness it's really ignorance on their part. My guess is because it was so rare for a blue dog to turn up when one did they culled it LOL .... You will hear stories about dog men having their picks in color .. Rule of thumb color should have no bearing on gameness .. But if you read some of the older stories you will see that many dog men favored the red dogs or the black dogs for their own reasons. Deep gameness, hard mouth, ect.

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
I watched a documentary on genetics and dog breeding and it appears that certain coat colors are connected to agression. The show said that red dogs tend to be more agressive while darker colors are less. I don't know how accurate that is but it would be interesting to look into it.

Reactions: Firehazard

·
Registered
281 Posts
Honestly I think it's just like all the other colors out there. it was around but they didnt make them their main breeders for what ever reasons they had, same with the big trend in tris and such. Blue was around but not like it is now because they were not breeding to get blues. Keep a blue breed it to a seal or even a red get tris and blues keep a tri breed it to a black get more tris its all in the stars?

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
Kind of what i thought might hae just been culling them cause they were like what the heck is that, get rid of it. lol. Just wondering.

61 - 80 of 111 Posts