Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may have read, my dogs TEAR up kongs! They love them but it's hard to spend $20 on a kong they will destroy in 20 minutes (and I do mean destroy! In 20 minutes, my AmStaff Faith will have a XXL black kong chewed in half!). So I am wondering if anyone has any experience/knowledge of the blue kongs. I saw them in a catalog and it specified they were designed for use in SCH training (I must have missed where kongs were involved in SCH training, but ok) and are only available to vets and K9 police trainers. Some of the information I have found since says they are stronger than black kongs but some says they are the same strength as black but are radio-opaque so they show on xray. Does anyone know??

·
hrmph
5,349 Posts
i have no clue!!! all i know is my husky will chew the big black ones ridiculously.. and he completely destroyed his 'wubba' in like 30 minutes, much to my dismay. and my other two wont even touch their wubba or kongs. oh woe is meee, i am always looking for strong toys for my husky, he destroys anything and everything that i ever give him :( what a butthead.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well its too the point in our house that whenever we hear/see an advertisement for near indestructible toys we laugh. Our babies go through all the tough toys in no time flat.

I will say the toys that last the longest are Nyla bones. They last about a month or so which makes them worst the investment. Your husky would probably like them too.

·
Registered
100 Posts
my little boy raybeez is 7 months old and has a few of the blue kongs and shreds them as i type this he is ripping off chunks of one

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my little boy raybeez is 7 months old and has a few of the blue kongs and shreds them as i type this he is ripping off chunks of one
You probably have a puppy kong, am I right??? Get an extreme (the black kongs) and he *shouldn't* tear it up so badly....but if he is a really heavy chewer, try nylabones!

kong? fill me in plzzz
Kongs are doggy toys!! KONG Pet Toys - Legendary Strength, Quality, and Performance
Many people swear by them as chew toys and they work well for my rotts but my AmStaffs and pit mixes DESTROY them! They all like them but they are just not tough enough to stand up to my heavy chewers! LOL

·
Registered
211 Posts
Have you tried the kong ball? Kaiser ate a black kong, then lost interest in it. So i bought him a ball b/c he likes to bite down on them, not so much chew KONG Biscuit Ball at PETCO. Oh and his new favorite toy is this JW Pet Good Cuz Hard Rubber Squeaky Dog Toy at PETCO he can't chew it up. BUT it makes the most annoying sound lol, They also have rubber chicken ones by the same brand.

·
Registered
100 Posts
You probably have a puppy kong, am I right??? Get an extreme (the black kongs) and he *shouldn't* tear it up so badly....but if he is a really heavy chewer, try nylabones!

all of the kongs and havaballs he has are NOT puppy kongs my sister inlaw works at a vet and brings them home for him she said they get them in for the Police K9 unit that visits her vet office ... oh and he loves his nylabones he will grid away on it all day

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
all of the kongs and havaballs he has are NOT puppy kongs my sister inlaw works at a vet and brings them home for him she said they get them in for the Police K9 unit that visits her vet office ... oh and he loves his nylabones he will grid away on it all day
well, I guess that answers that! LOL If they are for the K9 unit and your baby is killing them it must not be any stronger than the black ones!!! MAN!!!! They always gotta kill the toys!!! LMAO

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
try the kong balls.. jake kills kongs but he cant even leave teeth marks in it lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts