Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi- need some advise pls !! I just got a beautiful puppy . She" Girlfriend" is 3 months old. I changed her food to "Blue" which i was told is the best, She had gas before ,that's what prompted me to change the food. She has such bad gas , especially at night OMG!! Short of taking her to the Vet>>> Anybody -can u help?? ( gave her a very small amount of "pepto bismal" Didn't help- Her stool also is still loose No worms that i have seen. has all her shot except rabies.What can i do????? Thanks ...Dance

·
Premium Member
5,098 Posts
Did you slowly transition the food or just do an abrupt change to the new? An abrupt change in diet can have this effect. Although in my experience, pits just tend to have some aweful farts regardless, ha ha :p

·
Registered
795 Posts
Lmao!
:goodpost:

It will pass. My two had the exact same problem when we switched food.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My little guy had the most rotten gas all of his 13 years of life, regardless of the type of food we had him on. Some days were worse then others, we just chalked it up as one of his quirks. Even the kennel we got him from said it was something we needed to get used to as all their dogs were the same.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
In my experience pit bulls are gassy dogs but if you changed the food give it some time and it should get better. You can also try giving a probiotic like yogurt. You can give a spoon full of plain yogurt at each feeding but do not give too much or it will make the gas worse ;)

·
Registered
776 Posts
lol welcome to bulldog butt ... i dont think it will ever go away to levels of most dogs ..
we have 2 and sometimes it gets so bad that even they look embaressed ( look on brocks face was " omg did i do that ... im soo sorry")

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My Ripe " Girlfriend"

Thanks for all your suggestions. What finally helped was feeding her very little amounts at a time. She still has gas but not anything like it was!! Thanks so much !!! One more thing They certain grow FAST!!! LOL Dance

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Give some plain yogurt for the time being. Just a spoonful in her food. If the gas continues past the time when she is transitioned over, its possible that that brand of food is not agreeing with her. Also, some dogs who eat rapidly will gulp air and it results in copious gas. If she's a high-speed eater, you might want to try to slow her down. Adding water helps sometimes, and they also make bowls where the dog has to eat around pillars in the middle and they can't gulp their food as quickly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.