Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it that almost everybody who comes up to me and my dog, they ask me if she is a blue nose pit, or red nose pit? I just tell them now that she has a black nose :roll: Then I try to explain to them that shes neither and that thats not really a type of pit just a color description and they scoff at me like I dont know what Im talking about. They tell me it has to be one or the other. Its starting to get annoying.

Im not really sure what "kind" of pit she is. Too me shes just a pit. I was told the father came from the Razor edge line, but they werent sure about the mother. What would you guys call her. What would the term for this type of dog be? Heres some pics I posted in my introduction thread

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
ugh sometimes people are so ignorant. I tell people well she has a black nose and they are like, so which is he just like you said. I JUST TOLD YOU lol. I try and explain to them like you said and they act like I am clueless. Just keep doing what you are doing. Some people will never learn. Some will surprise you and actually listen.

As many people have told me, its best to call your unpapered dog a bull dog if you do not know what the parents are. Who knows what it could have been mixed with without papers. There is very valid arguments why you should not call and unknown dog a pit bull since that was the slang term for a true American Pit Bull Terrier. Now a days its hard because the term "pit bull" generally speaking means a bunch of breeds with the same type of qualities AmStaff, APBT, AmBully, etc. Its kind of a catch 22. You say pit bull, some people think APBT, instead of the general classification of the name, like its a breed. So as far as BSL goes, having an unpapered dog is a mutt, since you have no idea where it comes from its better to say what you know, its a great dog that you love and who knows what she might be. I also think Razors edge is American Bully.

This thread kinda shows all sides of the argument and gives some more detail about what I am trying to say, lol. http://www.gopitbull.com/general-di...og-reasons-not-call-them-apbts-pit-bulls.html

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
People are idiots, especially when it comes to "pit bulls". I have a step cousin who started telling me about his 100+ lb "redline" pit or some such thing. I showed him a picture of Loki, my pet bull who weighs 65 unconditioned and he said he was small, ha! I tried to nicely explain to him that a true APBT (not saying that I have one, mind you) is not very big but he wasn't having it. He was misinformed just like 90% of the people out there. No amount of my telling him otherwise was going to get the message across.

As for your dog, if you don't know who the dam or sire were you will never know. Razors Edge is an Am Bully line though so at best you have a scatterbred bully cross. Call her a pet bull, bulldog, etc. Just love her and be the best bulldog owner you can be by sticking around and absorbing as much info as you can.

When it comes to these dogs, knowledge and responsibility are your biggest weapons/tools against BSL and ignorance in general.

Reactions: ames

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ugh sometimes people are so ignorant. I tell people well she has a black nose and they are like, so which is she just like you said? I JUST TOLD YOU lol. I try and explain to them like you said and they act like I am clueless. Just keep doing what you are doing. Some people will never learn. Some will surprise you and actually listen.

As many people have told me, its best to call your unpapered dog a bull dog if you do not know what the parents are. Who knows what it could have been mixed with without papers. There is very valid arguments why you should not call and unknown dog a pit bull since that was the slang term for a true American Pit Bull Terrier. Now a days its hard because the term "pit bull" generally speaking means a bunch of breeds with the same type of qualities AmStaff, APBT, AmBully, etc. Its kind of a catch 22. You say pit bull, some people think APBT, instead of the general classification of the name, like its a breed. So as far as BSL goes, having an unpapered dog dog is a mutt, since you have no idea where it comes from its better to say what you know, its a great dog that you love and who knows what she might be. I also think Razors edge is American Bully.

This thread kinda shows all sides of the argument and gives some more detail about what I am trying to say, lol. http://www.gopitbull.com/general-di...og-reasons-not-call-them-apbts-pit-bulls.html
Great answer, thanks..I kinda like mutt myself, ill use that :thumbsup:
:D

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've asked soo many people if they know how big an actual pitbull gets. Everyone believes they are supposed to be 80 plus pounds and will bite you if u look at them wrong!. So many people are misinformed each day and its up to us, The pitbull community, to better educate people around our neighborhood like bully the kid said in his live show the other night. We need to show them that our dogs are people friendly and can play with kids with no problem. That they are pets and not monsters.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts