Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My hubby mentioned getting Conner into a boarding style training at some point. Obviously not now, I want him to bond with us and know this is home.
Anyhow, how do you find a good one that only uses positive reinforcement?
How long should I expect him to be gone?
I absolutely suck at dog training because I just like them to be who they are...though Pheobe's incessant barking is getting old, might be time for a vibration bark collar.
But, with a strong, smart, larger dog, it would probably be a good idea.
For those of you that have done this, what did you pay and was it worth it?
Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My hubby mentioned getting Conner into a boarding style training at some point. Obviously not now, I want him to bond with us and know this is home.
I absolutely suck at dog training because I just like them to be who they are...though Pheobe's incessant barking is getting old, might be time for a vibration bark collar.
Thanks.
I don't think I would ever do it. You just never know how they are treating your dog.
Maybe you could find a trainer that gives private lessons. YOU are a big part of training too.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thanks.
I agree, board and trains are a risk. I have good friends that do them now that I would trust but several years ago I put my dogs through a board and train and in hindsight, I wouldn't let that man touch my dogs with a 10 foot pole. You don't know what you don't know and there are a lot of trainers who are excellent marketers, and mediocre trainers at best. Now, if you find a trainer you enjoy working with a trust first, then by all means if a board and train would make a difference, go for it. But get some good coaching from them first, without the board and train.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts