Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been told by friends who raise pits to feed my pup boiled chicken rice and broccoli? I have been for a few days.. he is 11 weeks old. It just seems like that is an unbalanced diet. Any remarks?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've been told by friends who raise pits to feed my pup boiled chicken rice and broccoli? I have been for a few days.. he is 11 weeks old. It just seems like that is an unbalanced diet. Any remarks?
"Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend"

·
Banned
808 Posts
What is wrong with a good kibble? Those three ingredients in the foods you mentioned are pretty good but I think the other things in a good kibble provide more nutrients that a young dog can benefit from. That's my opinion although I am far from an expert. :D

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
That is not a balanced diet. If you wish to feed raw, you need to do more research. Cooking meats deprive your dog from getting the most nutrients out of the protein source, Broccoli may be ok, but I would rather not deal with the gas! lmao You also need to ad Probiotics, maybe a scoup of cottage cheese or a scoup of yogurt. Carrots are a much better vitamin source for your dog... you could also ad some green beans. You need to also add oils to his/her diet such as Fish and/or Flax seed oil. There also must be a fat source in this diet as well... it could be animal fat or if you must settle you can use a scoup of lard. Brown rice has more nutrients than white so I reccomend going with that. Once a month you should add a beat slice or two into their meals. Also, about once a week give them a little cheese. Oh yes, there's also the need for a half of a multivitamin. Last thing... there are countless benefits to Apple Cider Vinegar... #1 flea deturrent lol. I add a table spoon of ACV in my dogs food

Reactions: t1dirty

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
What is wrong with a good kibble? Those three ingredients in the foods you mentioned are pretty good but I think the other things in a good kibble provide more nutrients that a young dog can benefit from. That's my opinion although I am far from an expert. :D
That is not a balanced diet. If you wish to feed raw, you need to do more research. Cooking meats deprive your dog from getting the most nutrients out of the protein source, Broccoli may be ok, but I would rather not deal with the gas! lmao You also need to ad Probiotics, maybe a scoup of cottage cheese or a scoup of yogurt. Carrots are a much better vitamin source for your dog... you could also ad some green beans. You need to also add oils to his/her diet such as Fish and/or Flax seed oil. There also must be a fat source in this diet as well... it could be animal fat or if you must settle you can use a scoup of lard. Brown rice has more nutrients than white so I reccomend going with that. Once a month you should add a beat slice or two into their meals. Also, about once a week give them a little cheese. Oh yes, there's also the need for a half of a multivitamin. Last thing... there are countless benefits to Apple Cider Vinegar... #1 flea deturrent lol. I add a table spoon of ACV in my dogs food
I would personally stick to a quality kibble in this case. Your friend doesn't seem to know enough about a quality diet for his dogs...

http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com

You can go here to do some research and read some reviews in order to find a quality feed that you and your dog will both benefit from.

Like Neela said, you want to stay away from cooked meats.. Cooking them does reduce a lot of the nutrients that would be digested if the meat had been ingested raw. Boiled chicken and rice is a good feed when your dog has an upset stomach and won't eat otherwise, because it has less protein and is light on the stomach. There are a few people on here that feed raw, and if you search through the forums you can find some raw recipes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts