Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just gotta find our more about what kind of bone is good and which are bad. just looking for opinions and advice. are the SMOKED bones ok to give my lil guy???

i know i should be giving him raw bones. but i was oth of town and couldnt find anything. he is about 4 months now and is starting to teeth REALLY bad these last couple of says. so i got him a smoked one for a local pet store since i couldnt get my hands on a raw bone.

are they safe???? btw, i am keeping a eye on him while he is going HAM on that thing. trying to make sure its ok to let him get into the bone part before i let him go wild on that thing.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Iv given smoked bones before they are ok not the best though. supervise cause they do break apart easy make sure you take away small peices. Why cant you find raw bones? most grocery stores or butchers have them , sometimes you have to ask the butcher. Other things for chewing that you can find in some petstores or on ebay include, bully sticks, antlers, pigs hoofs { these stink though and are not allowed inside my house they are outside treats lol}. Another option is to get the strong kong and stuff with things like cheese, peanutbutter, yogurt, hamburger, treats or a mix of a couple things and then freeze it over night. Will take them awhile to get through it and the cold feels good on those teething gums.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thansk for you help...

i didnt have a way to get raw bones...cuz i was out of town and press for time. so i got what i could =)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts