Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most days I think Ecko might have the same intelligence level as a box of rocks. Then he does something completely amazing and I realize he's just a pain in the arse. LOL!!
I make him lay down and wait before eating. The night before last I didn't feel like waiting. I filled his dish when he went out to potty and then let him in and sat on the couch to watch TV. I thought he had eaten and was hiding in his crate to eat his feet. Then about 20 mins later he came on the couch all excited and rooing at me, just causing a fuss. I thought maybe he had to go out again so i got up to let him out and he made a dash for the front room where his dishes are. Then he laid down in the spot he always waits and stared at me. He hadn't even sniffed at his food this entire time. What a smart boy waiting for the eat command. I was pretty stoked about it and haven't stopped bragging. Last night was very similar. He pranced around me and then laid down. I walked away to deal with my needy teenager for a minute and then came back to him in his VERY excited lay. He was shaking with anticipation. LOL!! It was really the cutest thing ever.

I just wanted to share my VERY proud moment with you guys.

Waiting on my new camera in the mail to get some updated decent pics of Ecko. PS

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Aw, that's so sweet!!

Kane did something similar this morning. I usually make him sit and wait and today I didn't bother, just picked up his water bowl to clean and fill it and he walked over to "his spot" all by himself and sat and waited for me to finish getting his food set up. :D

·
Super Moderator
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love him more then anything, but I really thought he might be slow. He showed me. :)

Kane is a smart boy. I read about him learning touch and I have been working with Ecko on it. He gets so excited about food it's hard to get him to calm down and figure out what I want from him. He keeps me happy though. :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
That's so funny. I had my friend come to my house and take care of Loki while I was away one weekend...soon she calls me and says that he won't eat but he's just sitting there staring at her. Haha you have to tell him it's okay!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Kane is a smart boy. I read about him learning touch and I have been working with Ecko on it. He gets so excited about food it's hard to get him to calm down and figure out what I want from him. He keeps me happy though. :)
No kidding touch was the first trick I taught Loki...its still the only one he does 100% of the time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts