Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it true that pitbulls go through a chemical change in there brains at a year to a year and a half old that might make them more agressive of less agressive????? :rain: iv heard some ppl say this and i have read some articals on it. so i was just wondering if some of u have notesed any changes,?? thanks for any help

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Its when they reach maturity, so IF they are going to be DOG/ANIMAL (never human) aggressive that is when it will generally present itself is from a year and a half to two years. Though there will be signs all along but that is the point when it will come to full term.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I am sorry but are u serious, please tell me where you heard this, I am not trying to be mean but this sounds like some PETA/HSUS BS. The only thing I can even remotely relate to this is maturity of a APBT but if you are asking questions like this that should have been done before the breed came into your life. APBT were bred for hundreds of years to be animal aggressive, if you have a APBT that is human aggressive it needs to be put down immediately! Yes, some APBT will start to mature around the ages of 13 -36 months and may become more animal aggressive than seen in a young age. This also worries me if you own a APBT and what happens if your dog hops the fence and grabs the neighbors dog by accident, are you going to stand there or you going to right in the middle of it like a responsible APBT owner should? This is the reason you must handle these dogs with great care and responsibilty, yes some show no signs of animal or dog aggression but when you do have one that does, you need to be on point yourself. This post really worries that no offense to you, I am sorry but it is the truth there is people like this that own these dogs.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
i agre with above ^

i wasnt going to say anything becuz i ahve alreayd yelled at some ppl today for these kind of questions, but yea, get a break stick and just assume ur dog is going to attaack any dog/animal in its path....

chyna is female DA and Animal agressive... keep my break stick handy

·
Registered
520 Posts
really stupid question ppl so dont yell at me but i just joined a day ago and i cant figure out how to start a new thread any help and sorry if its a dumb question

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I agree totally they have been bred that way for years. Its only in their nature if you want a dog that is not animal agressive then you need to look at another breed.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
really stupid question ppl so dont yell at me but i just joined a day ago and i cant figure out how to start a new thread any help and sorry if its a dumb question
dont get offended k! i am really not tryin to offend u lol... i just have a tendancy to alway sound angry and mean.... i understand ur new, i am by no means an expert.

but i would suggest gettin a break stick? if u dont know, its a stick taht u can lodge in teh back of teh dogs mouth so u can open it in case anything happens. ist just a tool every APBT owner should carry, also, like i said, just ASSUME ur dog will attack other dogs/animals when it gets older

always better to be cautious then not ya know

EDIT: sorry thought u were the OP...

uh jeep, just post something about ur pooch....

·
Registered
317 Posts
I would suggest attending a ADBA show and talking with the club members and have them point you in the direction of veteran to show you some ropes. I incorrectly used a break stick and many people don't know how to. Get aquainted with your local club and it is a great way to start to learn things even if you have UKC/AKC or no papers, the ADBA is about true as they come to real APBTs and that will advance your knowledge greatly is to surround yourself with knowledgable people in these dogs. I would suggest buying a couple of books and reading up. Take this advice and not criticism from this post.

·
Banned
2,128 Posts
shadowgames great post. I too got a tutorial from my breeder on the breakstick. Never leave home without my breakstick LOL. I get asked why I have a hammer in my pocket cuz they only see the handle. I just tell people I'm happy to see them LOL.

May I suggest the working pit bull by diane jessup and this is the apbt by Richard Stratton to start. They were my first books and I think they put me on the right track with this breed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well sorry i was just wondering if that was true. i now they are animal agressive my sister has a little chiwawa... they r very agressive.. so wen my sisters chiwawa decided that she can take my pit she found out she was wrong my pit had the pore thing on its back by the neck it took a min to brake it up cuz wen i got my pit to let go my sisters chiwawa lached on to my dogs ear and my pit had her by the foot but finally she let go and broke it all up and suffered a few bites not from my pit but from my sisters dam CHIWAWA. my sisters chiwawa was just fine nothing happend it. My pit goes everywere with me she hardly ever leaves my side, she even goes to work with me. i do construction and i am constantly meeting new ppl with my pit. At 1st my boss didnt like pitbulls now he want one after i breed my lil girl stella, she is the componey pet actuall. so all of u judging ppl for a question should find something more positive to do NO OFFENSE!. This web site is to help ppl not judge wat kind of owners they r. all animals r animal agressive even humans.. THIS THREAD PROVES IT!!!:clap:

·
Courage
3,052 Posts
If we seem to be more concerned about the facts than your feelings it's because we are. I'm not even going to address the breeding comment. I'm sure I won't have to.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
well sorry i was just wondering if that was true. i now they are animal agressive my sister has a little chiwawa... they r very agressive.. so wen my sisters chiwawa decided that she can take my pit she found out she was wrong my pit had the pore thing on its back by the neck it took a min to brake it up cuz wen i got my pit to let go my sisters chiwawa lached on to my dogs ear and my pit had her by the foot but finally she let go and broke it all up and suffered a few bites not from my pit but from my sisters dam CHIWAWA. my sisters chiwawa was just fine nothing happend it. My pit goes everywere with me she hardly ever leaves my side, she even goes to work with me. i do construction and i am constantly meeting new ppl with my pit. At 1st my boss didnt like pitbulls now he want one after i breed my lil girl stella, she is the componey pet actuall. so all of u judging ppl for a question should find something more positive to do NO OFFENSE!. This web site is to help ppl not judge wat kind of owners they r. all animals r animal agressive even humans.. THIS THREAD PROVES IT!!!:clap:
so u thinking of breeding huh?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yes i do plan on breeding but not just quite yet. the smile is with the rest.... its the 1st one

·
Registered
226 Posts
QUOTE=LiiL_L0cz_Red_N0se;108898]can i ask whyyy u plan on breeding her... and is ur girl registered?[/QUOTE]

:confused:[ ????? breeding??

1 - 20 of 24 Posts